Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2005 11:47:20 AM EDT
For those interested, I most likly violated a BTT rule, causing the ad listing a Colt 6724 "Accurized Rifle" to be ciber flushed.
This is what I listed: Colt Accurized rifle
And here are pictures of the rifle itself
The general consensus was the pervious owner switched the lower in the opinions of CaptainJordan, Max-BB, and SP10.  With one lone disenter who's name eludes me.
The bump that killed the thread went something like this:
I called Colt this morning with the serial number. They could not identify the complete rifle shipped on sn# CMH0164xx, only that it was made in 1998. When asked what year production of the "Accurize Rifle" started, the answer was 1998.
The way Colt changes titles and configuations, its a wonder anyone can tell one from another...I'm still trying to figure out if my HBAR Sporter is a "green" or "blue" label...
Since it's a nice day, I'm going to take both out and shoot them. its been a long time since I shot any .223 and test firing a couple rounds doesn't count. (Proabably the last rambelings caused the boot).
For those wondering WTF is this all about??
I offered for sale a rifle.  The rifle became suspect. I would not delibertly mis-represent a firearm, especially on a devoted board.  The ad turned into a thread and personal interest and got deleted. I wanted it to stay in the open, as there was no ill intent or animosity involved, just insuring that light remains on the subject for all to see. Besides, I don't want anyone thinking that I deleted the ad.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 11:52:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 11:57:34 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
For those wondering WTF is this all about??

I dunno, I'm still confused....

Three members felt that the lower reciever of the rifle I was selling, was not the correct lower for a Accurized rifle, and I'm still not sure. One other  guy said the lower was the same on his 6724.

I'm trying to save the face that proabably hasn't been lost yet.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:20:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I have noticed more and more that people have been stomping threads in the EE, myself included. I chimed in on a thread just yesterday that some guy was trying to tell people that a lower was a true preban if it was a complete rifle or not before the 94 ban. I was yelled at and my post deleted. I don't step on peoples threads unless I know what is being said is a lie and in this case could get someone hurt or arrested.

I guess if you are unsure of what you are selling you should ask questions first and sell later. As for your rifle, I don't know if it is all original or not. I wouldn't worry about saving face, none was lost here. Best of luck in your sale.

Edit for spelling
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:24:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Just another typical day at Arfcom. Everybody who thinks they know something tries to be the do-gooder and "ALERT" the entire board to something they suspect to be afowl.

Ignore it, unless it hurts your sale. If it does, scream like a dying bitch on the way to the electric chair
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 1:29:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Another thing that piqued interest: The front takedown pin looks like a standard pin (non-Colt oversized two piece BS) but it lacks a detent groove, as does the reciever. The only thing holding it in is its own tension. Certainly the accu-wedge and rear pin help.

Trolling  on threads doesn't piss me off near as much as the guy who says "I'll take it" and then leaves you hanging without any corrispondence or payment.

Occasionally an "Alert" is warranted, but most of the time it's better to send the partys an I.M. with your concerns. If they respond it will be thanks or piss off, either way as long as your doing the right thing who should complain.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 1:30:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Helldog40
Site Staff------------ moving up in the world I see

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 1:45:15 PM EDT
[#7]
You can never be sure eactly WTF Colt does with some rifles.  At one time they were assembling rifles with whatever parts they had available.

If your HBAR has a blocked lower and a ground off bayo lug it's a blue label usually sometimes maybe occasionally. Do you have a pic of the lower (both sides) and the first two letters of the serial number?
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:21:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You can never be sure eactly WTF Colt does with some rifles.  At one time they were assembling rifles with whatever parts they had available.

If your HBAR has a blocked lower and a ground off bayo lug it's a blue label usually sometimes maybe occasionally. Do you have a pic of the lower (both sides) and the first two letters of the serial number?

Here's a link for a couple pitures. I kinda thing it's a "Green label".
I was mistaken about the takedown pin on the 6724 being solid. It is grooved, but the recieved has no provisions for a retaining detent. (picture is there..stil can't really see it)
check this and the next four photos
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:45:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I would have to say that CaptainJordan, Max-BB, and SP10 are correct.  The lower receiver on a  Colt Accurized Rifle is roll marked "Colt AR15 A3".  The only other Colt rifle with this rollmark is the LEO Colt R6721.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 12:22:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 12:28:18 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The lower receiver on a  Colt Accurized Rifle is roll marked "Colt AR15 A3".  

Really? I didn't know they called ANYTHING and "AR15" after 94....Learn something new everyday.
And fp- rkbar is right: Colt slaps together stuff without any seeming rhyme or reason.
Some front pin detents are drilled and all you have to do is install the spring and detent.
Others are blank and must be drilled...
Go figger...

The LEO R6520 is rollmarked "Colt AR15 A2" "Goverment Carbine".
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:25:17 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Just because it says TARGET, MATCH, ELITE or anything else, doesn't automatically mean the internals are a damn bit diffrent. (unless someone changed them)
As a point towards the three wise men: The lockwork in the rifle in question looks fresh and new, but sucks! I've had SKS's with better trigger pull.  Certainly not what one would expect from an "Accurized" rifle
Owning a Colt is like having a clasic car: they're nice and  fun, with lots of experts who know what's original and what's not (maby), but on the down side you're almost never satisfied, and have to dick around trying to make the performance live up to the name. I own a half dozen diffrent Colt products now, and twice that many in the past. All have always needed a little something right from the start.
The curse of Prince Valient: "you will never be content".
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 6:22:44 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Another thing that piqued interest: The front takedown pin looks like a standard pin (non-Colt oversized two piece BS) but it lacks a detent groove, as does the reciever. The only thing holding it in is its own tension. your rifle has a non-captive pushpin

Glenn, this is another  ALMOST sure indicator that you have an ELITE upper placed on a MT lower. The only nondrilled Colt lowers I have came with the 2 piece screws. It is doubtful Colt would have shipped it with a non-captive pushpin.

All the 6724s I have personally handled have the Colt "accurized" trigger and were not marked MT HBAR.

As I posted in fp1201's now missing thread, he is probably one of the most honest guys I have dealt with on this board. At worst, Glenn is guilty of possibly making a mistake. No harm.

I think your reputation as a good guy is intact
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:46:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Another thing that piqued interest: The front takedown pin looks like a standard pin (non-Colt oversized two piece BS) but it lacks a detent groove, as does the reciever. The only thing holding it in is its own tension. your rifle has a non-captive pushpin

Glenn, this is another  ALMOST sure indicator that you have an ELITE upper placed on a MT lower. The only nondrilled Colt lowers I have came with the 2 piece screws. It is doubtful Colt would have shipped it with a non-captive pushpin.

All the 6724s I have personally handled have the Colt "accurized" trigger and were not marked MT HBAR.

As I posted in fp1201's now missing thread, he is probably one of the most honest guys I have dealt with on this board. At worst, Glenn is guilty of possibly making a mistake. No harm.

I think your reputation as a good guy is intact

I was mistaken on the push pin itself: it's grooved, buy the reciever is not drilled, nor has the provisions to accept the retaining detent.

Couple replys up I posted a range report: the trigger sucks! So I cannot believe the hammer/trigger/sear were tuned for use in a target grade rifle. The lower proabably isn't original to the rifle or at least the lockwork was swapped.
IF the rifle is relisted it'll be like this: Upper, complete with B/BC/CH  $650.
Lower: $350., Leupold VXIII $375.,  bi-pod $50, mount $50. Hell, even after paying shipping and factoring in a price drop or two I'd make more money than selling the package.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:23:38 PM EDT
[#15]
IIRC, the Colt Accurized Rifle also has a Colt match low mass hammer, trigger and sear.  Also, I have seen these uppers sold separately.  You do not have a Colt factory rifle, IMO.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 8:20:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 8:22:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 4:08:09 AM EDT
[#18]
I have  CAR A3 HBAR ELITE and it's definitely marked different than the one shown....it looks like someone mish moshed a colt lower with the HBAR ELITE upper
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 4:53:05 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Mine is marked:

CAR-A3
HBAR Elite

I got it in 1996 or 1997.

Colt said, by serial number that it was made in 1998 and didn't know the shipped configuration.
Since the general consensus is the lower IS wrong to the upper, what upper should have been shipped on a "COLT MATCH TARGET" - "MATCH TARGET HBAR"??

On another small note: I worked the trigger over last nite...(Thank God, all firearms aren't Union made) The trigger looked like it was ground on a rock by some kid in a third world country, and the hammer was even worse!   I started to use a nice Bushmaster set, but no....Colt had to make their parts with larger diameter pins.
I think I'll start collecting AMC cars next.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:56:17 AM EDT
[#20]
"As I posted in fp1201's now missing thread, he is probably one of the most honest guys I have dealt with on this board. At worst, Glenn is guilty of possibly making a mistake. No harm."

Absolutely!!! A finer human being than Glenn(fp1201) you'll never meet - truly one of the good guys, and someone I would trust with anything I own.... There is NO WAY Glenn would ever willingly mislead anyone....

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 7:01:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top