Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2004 4:12:24 PM EDT
Do we have any members from that area?  I may be moving there.  I have ?s about real estate, etc.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:28:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I live on the western slope, but there are many arf.komers in the Springs.

Also check out the Colo. AR-15 Shooters Site.

It's a bit more active than this hometown forum. Mostly the same guys though.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:45:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I live in the Springs.  I love it here and plan on staying when I retire from the USAF.  I will send you an IM with more details.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:41:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:11:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Adam you may want to check out Pueblo West-North that is about 20 miles South of Carson. Allot of people both military and civilian live in Pueblo West-North but work in the Springs. It is about a 20 minute drive to Fort Carson going up I-25. You can get a very nice house at a very affordable price in Pueblo West. The reasons so many are living in Pueblo West instead of the Springs are because of the high cost of living in Springs (house prices #1) and the traffic in Springs sucks. Pueblo and Pueblo West are laid back and traffic is not bad at all. Many many Carson people both civilian and Military live there. There is also a nice range in Pueblo West and I would be more than happy to take you coyote and prairie dog shooting. I have a friend (Major Trent ________) that is CO of the OPFOR at Carson and I bet you are going to meet him if you are deploying to the Irq. Send me an email and I will send you my phone and the Major, yourself and I can go shoot some coyotes on private property adjacent to North side of the Pinion Canyon maneuvering site when you get settled in.  I have listed a couple of URLs that may help you and of course you know about Carson's MWR right?

Pueblo area homes when you use this site make sure you put Pueblo West in the area box when you search it.

www.springssummit.com/
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:45:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I would agree with the advise about living in Pueblo West.  Just stay on the north side of Highway 50 West and your commute will be shorter than 30 minutes to the south side of Colorado Springs.

Most of the houses on the north side of Highway 50 West are on acre lots and MUCH cheaper than a comparable house in Colorado Springs.

Stay away from the city of Pueblo.....Pueblo West is a great place to live.  Close to the Pueblo West Sportsman Association shooting range, Lake Pueblo, Pueblo Motorsports Park.  Pueblo West is a rural community but there is a Safeway grocery store, numerous fast food joints, a gym, pool, parks, doctor / dentists offices, etc, etc, etc,  And the taxes are much cheaper.

When looking for real estate, type in the ZIP CODE 81007.....all of 81007 is Pueblo West.

I grew up in Colorado Springs and it's a beautiful place to live and would move back in a heartbeat if money and time were no object.  

You can't go wrong living in either Colorado Springs or the north part of Pueblo West.

Good luck

Jeff
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 7:46:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Married, kids?  How many sq ft you looking for?  I've lived here for 14 years.  Lotsa options covering many price ranges, but if you have kids and schools are important, that makes a difference.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 7:53:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I am single, no kids.

I am usually not home more than I am home, between field problems and deployments.

As such, what is important to me is a low maintenance exterior, and a relatively secure area.

I tend to lean toward the city due to ample availability of condos (with someone else cutting grass and shoveling snow), and my perception that I will also be able to have a variety of bars and restaurants within walking distance.  I often like to put back a few (or a few too many) on weekends, and hate dealing with taxis.  This kind of steers me away from a more rural area.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:27:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Many starter homes in the $120s.  Older homes, with mature trees/landscaping in safe neighborhoods, some of which are fixer-uppers to a degree from $135 and up.  I'm guessing low maint town homes/condos can be  had for $125ish, but I'm not really sure.  Brand new, nicely equipped modern homes probably $175 and up.  Patio homes, which are really high-end, no maint townhomes run at least $200.  

All of these I'm quoting off-the-cuff, without really checking current prices.  If you IM me a snail mail addy, I can send you real estate section from local newspaper.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:41:44 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Many starter homes in the $120s.  Older homes, with mature trees/landscaping in safe neighborhoods, some of which are fixer-uppers to a degree from $135 and up.  I'm guessing low maint town homes/condos can be  had for $125ish, but I'm not really sure.  Brand new, nicely equipped modern homes probably $175 and up.  Patio homes, which are really high-end, no maint townhomes run at least $200.  

All of these I'm quoting off-the-cuff, without really checking current prices.  If you IM me a snail mail addy, I can send you real estate section from local newspaper.

Thanks, but I am already getting listings from a realtor.   What I can't tell from those is what the area or neighborhood is like.  Heck, many don't even show up on mapquest.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 9:23:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Adam,

I grew up in Colorado Springs and was still living there up until 2003.....I know most of the good and bad areas and my better half works for a property management company.  If you want to shoot me some addresses and property names (if you are looking at apartments or condos) I may be able to get you some inside scoop.

Good luck

Take care and stay safe

Semper Fi
Jeff
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 9:56:35 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Adam,

I grew up in Colorado Springs and was still living there up until 2003.....I know most of the good and bad areas and my better half works for a property management company.  If you want to shoot me some addresses and property names (if you are looking at apartments or condos) I may be able to get you some inside scoop.

Good luck

Take care and stay safe

Semper Fi
Jeff

I think I may just take you up on that.  Can I still call you Jarhead ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top