Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2003 6:05:26 PM EDT
Looks like I will be moving there for a spell.
CCW?  If so, cost?
any weird kali-esque bans?
Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 6:25:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Where are you moving in the State?  That would help greatly.

Yes CCWs are available.  Larimer County is $130. Here is a thread with a few more prices/county.
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=20&t=169226

Standard preban issue in the state.  Denver is kinda screwy though.  Again, you may want to start out with where in the state you are moving to.  

Link Posted: 4/30/2003 7:44:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Colorado Springs
I am Military
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 10:56:15 PM EDT
[#3]
When are you moving is the most important.

May 18th we will have statewide shall issue (kinda) CCW permits, easier to get if you are military, but non-resident permits will not be issued as I understand. Max cost is $100 for 5 years.

As for weird laws, in theory we have none as of about a month ago because local law pre-emption passed. As far as Colorado Springs goes, it is progun. Gun shops everywhere, not really any ranges near by though.

Hope you enjoy Colorado.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 5:11:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Yup Not to many weird laws now.

Hope you enjoy Colorado and Maybe we will see you at one of the shoots.

KC
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 5:51:57 AM EDT
[#5]
When you get to the Springs let us know and we'll show you around. You will be living in a County (El Paso) that has one of the best pro-gun sheriff's in the state. As soon as you get your local address you should be able to apply for a permit.

Now. I'll bite. What's with all the boycott Glock stuff? Serious question.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 7:35:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Glock supports furthering Ballistic Fingerprinting to a Federal Database level
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 8:54:59 AM EDT
[#7]
I should be moving in the next month.  Depends on the Army.  
As for Glock.  They stated on 60 minutes they have been working with the ATF to registar all their weapons sold since 2000 in a permanent database.  Even after rather vociferous anger directed at them by many gun owners, they have continued the practice.  They are selling us out to get more cop contracts.
Until they change their policy (or someone pisses me off more), the sig line stays.
The HD looks like a damn fine equivilent.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 2:38:12 PM EDT
[#8]
My sig line is just intended to poke fun at the reaction of the anti Glocker, pro S&W people. And those that believe someone who built his personal wealth on the sale of firearms to civilians is actually antigun.

But that is another discussion.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 3:28:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Sylvan,

You'll enjoy Colorado.  
Despite what other people from around the country think, Colorado is the most beautiful state in the nation.

Outside of Denver, the laws aren't bad (and Gov. Owens pissed on Mayor Webb's Wheaties recently over that).

You should have no problem getting a CCW permit.  If you're ever going to be in the Denver metro area, give a shout.  There are a bunch of us up here, too.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 4:47:32 PM EDT
[#10]
My wife is stoked.
We stayed with friends in Boulder a while ago.  Beautiful town.  Great place to beat up liberals (they are all over the place and very skinny)
I am kidding.
Can't wait to ski again.
I have lived in Hawaii and Texas since 97 and haven't hit the slopes since.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:16:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Welcome to Colorado.  You'll like it.  I was friends with a few guys from Ft. Cartoon Carson when they were stationed here.  One just came from Hawaii too.  I always swore, when I was in the navy, that I'd kill myself before I stepped on foreign soil for a duty station..... oh wait, Hawaii isn't foreign, or is it???  Karl.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:42:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Having stayed 3 years in Germany, I felt more like a foreigner in Hawaii than I did in Germany.  And I even lived off-post in a village in Germany.

Speaka da kine bra?  No hu hu.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top