Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2022 9:01:50 PM EDT
I get so annoyed when the weather is nice after all the hype of it being crappy.  I did all this prepping (buying booze) and even topped the truck with fuel but it's not even cold enough to justify lighting the fire place.

3 day power outage would be OK, but a 5 day would get the wife to drive to her sister's for a long weekend.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 9:04:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe I'll go wash the truck, that'll do it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 10:59:14 PM EDT
[#2]
What part of the state are you in?
@Cole2534
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 10:59:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What part of the state are you in?
View Quote
OKC
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 11:11:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm in Tulsa,looks like you're supposed to get about the same as us.
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 11:25:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm in Tulsa,looks like you're supposed to get about the same as us.
View Quote
You work for Warren?  That's a nice looking facility they got.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 12:21:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Worked for them for a little over 12 years in the truck shop.Are you talking about the new engine shop they built in OKC?
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 7:57:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Worked for them for a little over 12 years in the truck shop.Are you talking about the new engine shop they built in OKC?
View Quote
I was talking about the one in North Tulsa, never been in it just passed by a lot.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 9:50:42 AM EDT
[#8]
It’s raining like a cow pissin on a flat rock. I hope you get your wish and we miss the ice. It suck’s feeding cows on  ice.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 1:24:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I was talking about the one in North Tulsa, never been in it just passed by a lot.
View Quote

The north Tulsa shop is pretty nice,I worked in the west Tulsa shop.It was truck shop and engine rebuild.A couple of years after I quit they closed down the truck shop and moved all the engine rebuild to a new shop in OKC.One of these days when I'm down there I'll try and go see it,I wish I still new somebody there so I could get a tour of the shop.So far we haven't even had any rain.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 6:39:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Gettin a decent volume of small flurries now, and to my surprise it's sticking.  I figured after this weekend's temps it'd melt off quickly.

Here's a car on its side-
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/2/2022 7:35:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Just started here about a half hour ago,starting to accumulate pretty good.At least I don't have to drive in it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 1:49:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Happy now cole?

I bought 25 gal of gas for my generator and set it up, ready to go, anticipating the dreaded icepocalypse and then nuttin but snow. Of course if I hadn’t…

Link Posted: 2/3/2022 6:19:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Happy now cole?

I bought 25 gal of gas for my generator and set it up, ready to go, anticipating the dreaded icepocalypse and then nuttin but snow. Of course if I hadn't

View Quote
Happier.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 10:45:52 AM EDT
[#14]
We got glazed. Still have power so that’s a good thing. I guess putting out extra hay and serving the generator helped.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 11:42:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
We got glazed. Still have power so that's a good thing. I guess putting out extra hay and serving the generator helped.
View Quote
What part of OK are you in?
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 10:10:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We got glazed. Still have power so that's a good thing. I guess putting out extra hay and serving the generator helped.

Down between Wister and Fanshaw.
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 11:00:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Love that area, there fir a while it seemed like I was in Red Oak every few weeks.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 11:03:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Love that area, there fir a while it seemed like I was in Red Oak every few weeks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Red Oak is a great little town. Still has the home town atmosphere.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 10:05:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Seems like a bunch of city slickers in this thread.    I am in SW Caddo county, we got a fair bit of ice then about 7-8 inches of snow.  Had 25 mph wind for 2 days nonstop with a wind chill of -4
After 10 years in Alaska, I love this shit. Gives me an excuse to break out my Sorel boots and wool clothing again.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 2:18:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Seems like a bunch of city slickers in this thread.    I am in SW Caddo county, we got a fair bit of ice then about 7-8 inches of snow.  Had 25 mph wind for 2 days nonstop with a wind chill of -4
After 10 years in Alaska, I love this shit. Gives me an excuse to break out my Sorel boots and wool clothing again.
View Quote

My part of Tulsa didn't get much ice and the National Weather Service that is about a mile from my house says we got 7 inches of snow and -1 wind chill.I didn't think it was that bad,but I only went outside to clean the cars off and so the dogs could go,usually no more than 30 minutes.What do you use for wool clothing?I've been thinking about getting some but don't know what's good.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 3:02:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
I wear wool all year, cotton sucks.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 9:28:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Played paintball in the ice and snow Sat. It was awesome.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 10:52:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Round 2 is on its way...
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 1:53:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Round 2 is on its way...
View Quote
Ya think?  I'm not feelin it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 10:11:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Round 2 is on its way...

It’s sleeting pretty good here I just hope we avoid the ice.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 10:28:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It's sleeting pretty good here I just hope we avoid the ice.
View Quote
Ya, here too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top