Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2004 4:21:34 PM EDT
Has anyone in KY had any problems getting signatures on class 3 applications?

I'm just wondering how difficult it would be.  I've been thinking about getting the really fun stuff!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:47:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I can only speak for Christian County. Sheriff Gloyd is one of the good guys. The hardest thing about getting his signature is tracking him down. Seems that he isn't a "sit around the office" kind of guy. No fee or anything either.

I've heard it a bit more difficult in some of those pockets of liberalism like Lexington.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:23:49 PM EDT
[#2]
That I can believe.

The gunshop guys in Lexington said the cops will harass you just for open carry of a pistol if your out in public.

I'll soon have my CCW so that won't be an issue for much longer.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:22:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Most of the folks I've talked to about class3 in Lexington have all told me good luck getting  the Lexington chief to sign off.  The LE and government here is quite liberal as I'm sure you know.  But, I have not personally tried to get this through anyone, yet.

There is always a way around getting the chief to sign though, and that's if you get incorporated.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:02:35 PM EDT
[#4]
In and around the Louisville area there are no problems.  I can personally tell you that the sheriff's in Bullitt county and Jefferson County don't have any problems with it.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:26:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
In and around the Louisville area there are no problems.  I can personally tell you that the sheriff's in Bullitt county and Jefferson County don't have any problems with it.  

So the Jeff. Sherrif is still the CLEO even tho we've consolidated? This has been a nagging question in my head that I've done nothing about.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:46:45 PM EDT
[#6]
No problems with using the sheriff in Jefferson county.  He just signed for two items for me in January.  

I don't believe the merger will have any affect on the sheriff being able to continue signing for C3.  The Chief officer may be either the sheriff or the Police Chief.  

A question I have wondered about is if the chief of one of the smaller suburbs(such as J-town or Shively, for instance), could also qualify for signing C3 for residents of that particular area.

However, Chief White of the newly merged Jefferson Metro PD will not sign for C3 from what I have heard.  That fact does not surprise me considering his overall behavior as chief thus far.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:16:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Commonwealth Attorneys are also eligible for signing.  You might check on this.  They have always been most gracious in signing mine.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:22:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Yea, Lexington/Fayette co. is a no go on class3's. I hated living in Lex.

That's the reason I moved to Danville/Bolye co. The CLEO here is a friend of class 3.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:13:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Bangstick; check w/ Kenny Sumner at Knob Creek Range. I can't believe that they are not Class III. Also, J&T Distributing in Winchester handle Class III transfers for a fee.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:51:27 PM EDT
[#10]
A friend of mine in Madison County got a signoff for his .308 suppressor no problem. Paperwork hasnt cleared ATF yet, but getting the CLEO sign-off was not an obstacle. I've heard the sheriff doesn't like signing for machine guns though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top