Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2006 9:17:29 AM EDT
I am a newbie and was wondering if someone can tell me the difference. The initials "DOJ" is loosely brought up here that I am having trouble determining whether the reference is made to the CA DOJ or the US DOJ?

Another point, people here also used the term DROS frequently in this forum. Is DROS strictly a California term or is that a legal mandate by the BATF when purchasing a gun. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't see any DROS mentioned in other states especially when purchasing a gun. It always will just say, sent through an FFL plus FFL fees and that is it. Unlike here in CA, it states FFL fees plus DROS.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:24:47 AM EDT
[#1]
When people throw the word "DOJ" around here, they mean CADOJ. DROS is a California thing. It stands for "Dealers Record Of Sales". It's where you pay your $25 bucks, fill out a 4473, they run your background check and you wait ten days. It's similar in other states, but DROS I'm pretty sure is just a CA word.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:23:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
When people throw the word "DOJ" around here, they mean CADOJ. DROS is a California thing. It stands for "Dealers Record Of Sales". It's where you pay your $25 bucks, fill out a 4473, they run your background check and you wait ten days. It's similar in other states, but DROS I'm pretty sure is just a CA word.

Welcome to the site              
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:56:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top