Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/18/2005 9:48:56 AM EDT
The one on washington road. I wonder if it's bank robbery season again. Perp used a handgun, don't know what type but it was displayed.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:48:58 PM EDT
Good thing I am already in MI for the weekend, at least they can't pin it on me.

Any news on what they got away with?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:55:10 PM EDT
Just found out that my wife's sister's MIL was one of the tellers robbed. Had a pistol pushed into her stomach. I guess this is the second time she's been robbed at this bank! Hope they get this guy. I doubt we'll even here much about this since the tornados are going to get all the news coverage tonight.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:06:00 PM EDT
WOW is that fucked up, DC.

Me thinks the trauma enfliced upon her by the bank's no-self-defense policy has left her unable to work, and she's due a career's worth of compensation.

Any description on the robber?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:57:49 AM EDT
Well she's not the type to be self defense minded... but I think she'll get a couple of paid days off. She's getting ready to retire soon, this might just push her to do that. All the info I got was third hand - no description. Sounds like he got the money from at least two tellers' money drawers.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:23:53 AM EDT
Bank robbery has the 2nd-highest solve rate (just after homicide) and one of the lowest pay-outs (average less than $1,500 per robbery) with a relatively serious sentence.

All bank robbers are, by definition, stupid.
Top Top