Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2006 10:21:58 AM EDT
I'd like to install a new trigger on my p226. Right now it has the factory trigger and with the grips I have on it my finger has to stretch a bit to reach it comfortably and I'd like to try one of their short triggers.  
I was just wondering how complicated it is to switch them out. Is it something simple that I can do myself or do I need a smith to do it for me?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:48:34 PM EDT
[#1]
It's something you can do yourself w/o any trouble.  If you can field strip you pistol your just about half way there!  I did then on all my SIG's.

-Once you've gone through and ensured the pistol is safe (unloaded), remover the slide from the frame.
-Twist out the takedown lever from the frame/locking insert.
-Take out the locking insert.
-Take out the trigger pivot pin.
-This will release the trigger and slide catch lever.
-Take off the right side grip plate.  Be careful because under this plate is the trigger spring.
-Remove the trigger spring.
-Now the trigger bar should be completely free allowing you to separate the trigger.

Retrace your steps once you replace the trigger with the short trigger and you'll be good to go once you do a function test with the pistol.
PDF Reference
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:22:04 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It's something you can do yourself w/o any trouble.  If you can field strip you pistol your just about half way there!  I did then on all my SIG's.

-Once you've gone through and ensured the pistol is safe (unloaded), remover the slide from the frame.
-Twist out the takedown lever from the frame/locking insert.
-Take out the locking insert.
-Take out the trigger pivot pin.
-This will release the trigger and slide catch lever.
-Take off the right side grip plate.  Be careful because under this plate is the trigger spring.
-Remove the trigger spring.
-Now the trigger bar should be completely free allowing you to separate the trigger.

Retrace your steps once you replace the trigger with the short trigger and you'll be good to go once you do a function test with the pistol.
PDF Reference

Thanks, doesnt sound all that tricky, I'll give it a shot when I get my new trigger.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top