Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2009 4:38:32 PM EDT
Found this today. I think gun owners in the Great White North scored a bullseye with this one.
Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper said:

"There are [politicians] in all these parties that know what we know: that law-abiding hunters and farmers are not part of the crime problem, and that you should be respected and not demonized, So I challenge you to press these MPs to follow their consciences and do what they know is right, vote to abolish the long-gun registry and fight crime instead."

Makes me wonder if they can do it then hopefully sanity and reason will trump paranoia and irrationality in our own gun-control battle(s).

Canadian PM seeks to abandon gun registry
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 3:48:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Good for them, eh.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 4:02:09 PM EDT
[#2]
OH Canada.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 4:38:24 PM EDT
[#3]
LOL.  They spent a billion dollars on that albatross.  I bet its a cost savings move too.

Link Posted: 3/24/2009 9:36:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
LOL.  They spent a billion dollars on that albatross.  I bet its a cost savings move too.

That's all it is. They're not doing it because it doesn't do anything either. It's almost purely for the cost savings...
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:20:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:10:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It's a sore point too that he mentioned hunters and farmers but not target or competitive shooters...

This whole affair has made me abandon any thoughts of Canada getting better in regards to gun laws other than getting rid of the registry. It is and always will be Commieda.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:21:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top