Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2005 9:41:56 PM EDT
Does anyone make a 308 caliber AR-10 type rifle that is California legal; something similar to the FAB-10 or Vulcan lowers that are available in 223 caliber?

Is an M1A the only one that's legal?  Which other semiauto 308's are available that use a detacjable box magazine?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:19:03 PM EDT
[#1]
According to Shoeless Ventures (ask them direct, the webmaster isn't in the know) an CA-legal AR-10 style rifle is "in the works."

....and has been for the past couple years. I'll believe it when I see it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:35:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never seen one, but I always wondered is an AR-10 pretty much identical to an AR-15 just with an extended mag well? If so, with some basic machining skill you could get an 80%er, an AR-10 mag or AR-10 upper, and a small block of aluminum and you could create your own. Maybe not the best method but it would work.

ETA: I offer this suggestion because if someone is planning on making an AR-15 from an 80%er then chances are they have enough know how to make one from scratch, it just won't be as pretty as a casting. From the looks of it, making it yourself is the only way right now.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:09:00 AM EDT
[#3]

None there are some 80% ones out there tho

ARs4ever (I think thats the name Rick goes by on here) has made some and
Kristi Tool (KT Ordnance) has some..
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:58:10 AM EDT
[#4]
According to the guy that runs "California Bushmaster" they have a .308/7.62 version in the works... but they charge $1600 and up for a welded up bushmaster in 5.56, so I can only imagine that the .308 version will be in the high $2000's.

I'll keep my non-bastardized M1A, Thanks..
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:23:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
 Which other semiauto 308's are available ..................

Fixed mag FAL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top