Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2004 5:00:29 AM EDT
I've been doing alot of thinking about the draconian gun laws of Kalifornia.
Years ago I remember Geoff Metcalf was trying to get a constitutional amendment on the ballot in Kalifornia.  I don't remember the exact wording, but it was very simple, something like: Kalifornians have the right to defend themselves with a firearm.  I know that is not the wording, but the thought was to start there, and get that in place, and start breaking down the gun laws.
Does anyone have a link to the wording of what they were trying to put on our constitution?
In this voting cycle, I know its to late to get anything on the ballot, but its not to late for the next ballot.  If our ammendment is titled as above I think it would be a lot easier to acquire the signatures to get it on the ballot, and with Arnold in office, he may not be pro gun, but this may be something we can get him behind.
With what happened in Russia, I think the time is ripe for us to change the tide and get some gun laws changed in Kali.
If anyone could direct me n the right direction to start the ball rolling, I sure would appreciate it.
I hate to use tradgedies such as Russia to get our point accross , but I think the title of this post would bring things a long way if we pursue it.
Please help?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:53:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Okay, don't you guys see that if we get our constitution ammended with simple wording, we can start changing the tide of these gun laws, as our judges would have to start making deciscions based on Kalifornias constitution.  this may be small, and I may not be articulate, but I know the elephant can be eaten one bite at a time.  I think getting signatures to ammend our constitution would be a whole lot easier with wording such as my title.  I believe people ie the masses would be receptive to this.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:15:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Geoff used to have website with it posted, I checked his radio site and no links to it.  

Send Geoff an email.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:01:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:05:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Paul,

The California Penal code section for murder is PC 187. PC 459 is the section for burglary.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:07:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:09:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:09:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Geoff used to have website with it posted, I checked his radio site and no links to it.  

Send Geoff an email.  

this is his firearms page

when I lived in NorCal, I was pissed that he was replaced by Rush on the local conservative radio station.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:05:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Well a constitutional amendment would be a great change for kommiefornia. However, I read Right here that less than 10% of gun owners are registered to vote. Keep me posted because I live in Socal and I would be really glad to help with the cause in the next cycle.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:17:01 PM EDT
[#9]
First off its not in the penal code, what i'm thinking of anyway, and second off this ammendment would be one like the Second Ammendment in our federal Constitution, hence allowing people to have access to ccw as a start, and to having Homeland Defense weapons ie the evil AW style firearms

Well a constitutional amendment would be a great change for kommiefornia. However, I read Right here that less than 10% of gun owners are registered to vote. Keep me posted because I live in Socal and I would be really glad to help with the cause in the next cycle.

Titan,
you make a good point, that is why I think we can lend so much credence to a constitutional amendment that would be labled The Kalifornia Homeland Defense Constitutional Amendment or something along those lines.  The wording for Geoffs was so simple, and they had lawyers word it so it would win any court challenges.  The wording was not offensive, it just stated that Kalifornians have the right to have a firearm............I just dont remember how it was written, I was a newbie to firearms when this ban started happening.  The point is the masses would probably vote something in that was so simply stated, and so un offensively written especially with some sort of title to do with defense of terror,
Now I know that the libs are against the war, but no one can be for what happened in Russia.  Simply put that is great advertising for such a defense measure,  I hate to exploit such a tragedy, but lets face it there will be more and this can be used to our advantage, if titled right , one bite at a time, I think the masses are ready.
Thanks for the metcalf link guys.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:28:05 PM EDT
[#10]
i love your wording "homeland defense weapons."  i'm tired of the crap that we have to put up w/ regarding political correctness and how things are worded.  i think coining semi automatic firearms w/ pg's and detachable mag's as "assault weapons" shows the liberal control and thus the negative spin they have placed (infringed) upon our 2nd amendment rights.  i think that by calling them "homeland defense weapons" we are giving our firearms the credit and respect they deserve.    let me know if i can help at all in returning this state back into the place it was many years ago.  

change is coming to the PRK...  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top