Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2013 6:55:27 AM EDT
Anyone having trouble getting on the site ?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:16:56 AM EDT
[#1]
it was back up an hour ago.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:19:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Still unavaible.......
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:21:40 AM EDT
[#3]
works for me
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:23:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Been unreachable for me both on my PC's and via Tapatalk since sometime yesterday. Edt: Cleared my DNS Cache too, still unreachable.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:23:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
works for me
View Quote

Well if its not a secret tell us the new adress
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:30:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
works for me

ctguntalk.com

i think i read somewhere about clearing your cookies maybe?

works on my phone in browser, and tapatalk as well
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:34:53 AM EDT
[#7]
tried all that still same msg :server moved"
?????? how bout link that wrks
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:35:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Wonder if its a DNS routing issue because of the server move. Cleared my DNS cache and cookies, still cannot access it via the PC and Tapatalk. Strangely enough I can access the site via the TOR network. Which leads me to wonder if the problem is the routing somewhere on my AT&T Uverse network.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:37:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Says:  "http://alexis.coreisp.net/cgi-sys/movingpage.cgi" as URL and some stuff about resetting DNS cache.  I dunno about that.  Typically DNS servers resolve the domain name and IP.

This is strange.

Anyone here KNOW about this (not guessing).

Perhaps someone can contact "Nuke" and get an answer.  I don't know any of his contact info.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:42:21 AM EDT
[#10]
We are trying so hang on hoping "fire" can get us something
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:43:12 AM EDT
[#11]
just PMed NUKE, will let you guys know what he says
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:43:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
just PMed NUKE, will let you guys know what he says
View Quote

Thanks.......
Just to reiterate "SB" im on AT&T also.......
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:50:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Nuke posted this early this morning on CTGT when others reported problems:

"Some systems will handle the new ip change better than others. My PC , chrome I had to clear the cache and then exit it for it to work, my android phone had to clear history/cache then restart it to work."

I posted through my TorBrowser/TOR network which can access the site to ask for the new IP address. If its different than 66.79.183.141 which is what a ping test currently shows on my end I'll post it here for others to try.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:54:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

"Some systems will handle the new ip change better than others. My PC , chrome I had to clear the cache and then exit it for it to work, my android phone had to clear history/cache then restart it to work."

I posted through my TorBrowser/TOR network which can access the site to ask for the new IP address. If its different than 66.79.183.141 which is what a ping test currently shows on my end I'll post it here for others to try.
View Quote

Thx SB as i feel thats it cause i cnt even ping 66.79.183.141
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:00:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The ping test doesn't resolve on my end either which is what makes me think its a DNS issue, the test reports back that IP address as unreachable. Trying a tracert now but its giving me a lot of time out messages and running past 25 hops.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:02:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The ping test doesn't resolve on my end either which is what makes me think its a DNS issue, the test reports back that IP address as unreachable. Trying a tracert now but its giving me a lot of time out messages and running past 25 hops.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SB does "tor" network give you new ip adress.???
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:07:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
SB does "tor" network give you new ip adress.???
View Quote

TOR changes your IP, not the IP of the website your trying to reach. Which yields some fun when it uses an IP overseas and sites pick that up and serve up non English. Tor sets up a proxy and runs through their routers/DNS servers to try and anatomize the users information.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:09:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Been unreachable for me both on my PC's and via Tapatalk since sometime yesterday. Edt: Cleared my DNS Cache too, still unreachable.
View Quote

Did the same to no avail on the PC Now to try the Ipad. AT&T also
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:20:09 AM EDT
[#19]
I just pm'd Nuke as well, pointed to this thread too. Seems almost like some kind of DNS routing issue either on the host side or on our ISP side probably due to the server upgrade which may have changed the CTGT IP address. Seems like its confined to those on AT&T's network based on some replies here.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:49:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Tried the Ipad also and still same message, must be the AT&T like SB said before.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 9:26:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Sorry guys for not being able to get to the shiney new server.
It seems to fix the redirect issue if you clear your cache on your browser, restart your modem and router. Maybe even your pc. Some ISPs just are lazy to update their dns jnfo by themselves. I know the above works with at&t dsl, comcast cable, optonline cable, tmobile wireless.

Cell phones do the same, clear cache and reset whole phone.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 9:43:09 AM EDT
[#22]
performed all of this numerous times on all 3 computers and still nothing..... still cant access sight....
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 9:44:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Sorry guys for not being able to get to the shiney new server.
It seems to fix the redirect issue if you clear your cache on your browser, restart your modem and router. Maybe even your pc. Some ISPs just are lazy to update their dns jnfo by themselves. I know the above works with at&t dsl, comcast cable, optonline cable, tmobile wireless.

Cell phones do the same, clear cache and reset whole phone.

View Quote

Running XP Pro on a laptop.

Ran ipconfig /flushdns per http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/view/AllDocumentation/ClearingBrowserCache instructions.

Shut down computer.

Did cold reboot of AT&T DSL modem

Restarted computer.

Same problem

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 10:07:40 AM EDT
[#24]
For those on AT&T, try this. Delete the browser's cookies, flush the DNS cache (see steps in previous post), then hard code public DNS servers into your PC's network settings. I used 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 for the public DNS servers. Now I'm back into the CTGT site. Will have to keep this DNS setting change until AT&T's DNS servers get around to correctly resolving the CTGT name.

For Windows 7 users see this link for instructions on how to change your PC's DNS settings.

Edit to add: Or if one's router supports it (my AT&T router doesn't) you can change the DNS server settings that are handed out by the router's DHCP server to clients (your computer's/tablets/smart phones). Make sure to disconnect and then reconnect the network connection on the client device, or reboot the client device, if you do this.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 10:40:10 AM EDT
[#25]
tried it still cant access it, only can access it from my phone.....  
real bummer.....very dissapointed
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 10:42:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Wow.  Over 20 posts and no one blamed the cops or the NSA yet.  Got to be some kind of record for here.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:02:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
For those on AT&T, try this. Delete the browser's cookies, flush the DNS cache (see steps in previous post), then hard code public DNS servers into your PC's network settings. I used 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 for the public DNS servers. Now I'm back into the CTGT site. Will have to keep this DNS setting change until AT&T's DNS servers get around to correctly resolving the CTGT name.

For Windows 7 users see this link for instructions on how to change your PC's DNS settings.

Edit to add: Or if one's router supports it (my AT&T router doesn't) you can change the DNS server settings that are handed out by the router's DHCP server to clients (your computer's/tablets/smart phones). Make sure to disconnect and then reconnect the network connection on the client device, or reboot the client device, if you do this.
View Quote

Tried all this stuff nothing works

ETA: my router had a checkbox to "use auto dns" unchecked that is wkg now.....
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:18:47 AM EDT
[#28]
cant access from my samsung note tablet  either....
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:23:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't want to go that far at this time.  I will wait a day or two and see if the DNS servers are updated.

In the past (about 10 years ago) I had to wait a day or two for several DNS servers to update some domains I needed to get to.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:30:37 AM EDT
[#30]
I've had problems in the past, usually with Netflix streaming, with AT&T's DNS servers. Its a pain in the butt but eventually it gets resolved on AT&T's side... eventually.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:18:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I've had problems in the past, usually with Netflix streaming, with AT&T's DNS servers. Its a pain in the butt but eventually it gets resolved on AT&T's side... eventually.
View Quote

SB,
I really wanna thank "you" for your help.....................
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:17:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Well just got home and tried, "IT WORKS NOW !!!!!!!" Thank You Guys for all your help !!!!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:31:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Well just got home and tried, "IT WORKS NOW !!!!!!!" Thank You Guys for all your help !!!!
View Quote

Yea, looks like att servers got updated. I put my routers back and all is well,,,,,,,,
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:40:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
SB,
I really wanna thank "you" for your help.....................
View Quote

Glad to help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top