Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/19/2010 3:05:57 PM EDT
Do CMP rifle orders have to go through a FFL? I think I can get a 1903 but I don't have a clear answer on the garands or carbines.
Link Posted: 8/19/2010 3:40:25 PM EDT
CMP rifles come to your front door.
Link Posted: 8/20/2010 5:35:03 AM EDT
www.odcmp.com

No, they don't go thru a FFL. There are however some hoops to jump thru, but the process has gotten easier in recent years.
Link Posted: 8/21/2010 4:16:11 AM EDT
Thank you for the answers.

I have a C&R, but it looks like some people sell Garands as C&R and most don't. I was thinking this may be the way to good to get a better quality rifle. I end up seeing ads for garands for a decent price and then see that they are not sold as C&R. Just like everybody else I want a good deal but want a shooter with history.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:48:51 AM EDT
Originally Posted By MachTurtle:
Thank you for the answers.

I have a C&R, but it looks like some people sell Garands as C&R and most don't. I was thinking this may be the way to good to get a better quality rifle. I end up seeing ads for garands for a decent price and then see that they are not sold as C&R. Just like everybody else I want a good deal but want a shooter with history.

Any US Military Garand is going to be good to go on a C&R. only the newer Springfields made in Illinois (7 mil. ser. #) and the clones (Century Arms, Federal, etc.) will be exempt.

The CMP is great for these. If you have your C&R, that'll satisfy the requirement for documenting shooting 50 rounds in competition in the last 5 years. Then the only other aggravation in getting a Garand through them is having your paperwork notarized. You can do that at your bank. Keep up with your order via e-mail and the website, and it gets shipped UPS directly to your door.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Top Top