Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2003 6:50:37 PM EDT
hey just curious if anyone has bought a rifle though cmp.  i keep looking at their ad in american riflemen and i'm thinkin' about getting a danish garand with a var barrel.  any words of wisdom?

-dan
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:19:55 PM EDT
I have purchased several Garands and several orders of parts from the CMP.  Have not been disappointed yet.   It is hard to go wrong dealing with the CMP, especially paying $400 to $500 for an M1 delivered to your door by FedEx.  Those same M1's at the gun shows will run $700 to $1000, and the dealers likely got them from the CMP.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 7:00:56 PM EDT
I've bought three in the last two years plus parts. You can't go wrong as they are more customer freedly than most gun shops, IMO.

I've often wonder why CA doesn't shutdown shipments to CA residents since CMP shipping to us is against CA state laws that mandate all sales must go through FFLs. The usual answer is that federal law trumps state law. However, then why doesn't the federal AWB trump our state's?
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 8:26:23 PM EDT
I have a CMP Springfield Armory M1 Garand (Aug '43) and a fine Springfield Armory M1903 Mk. 1. Beautiful pieces of history and nice rifles to boot.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 2:28:01 AM EDT

I've often wonder why CA doesn't shutdown shipments to CA residents since CMP shipping to us is against CA state laws that mandate all sales must go through FFLs. The usual answer is that federal law trumps state law. However, then why doesn't the federal AWB trump our state's?

I'm not trying to piss anyone off, but maybe we should just let sleeping dogs lie. You never know when some anti is trolling; why give them more ideas? JM2C

I'm planning on getting some this year, it's a great deal.
Top Top