Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2011 9:24:57 PM EDT
curious to know if king county is signing off on suppresors now ? anyone have any experiance on this matter in king county ?
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 11:18:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I work for the woman.  Dont waste your time.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 11:43:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe if a bunch of folks would ask her to sign, she would see how much interest/demand there is. Perhaps a FOI request for the number of F4's received, denied, and approved would help.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:12:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd tell the KC person that this is NOT a permission slip... If they say no it doesn't me you can't get it... Just they will not know about it....
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:05:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Bummer.  I will remember that at the polls.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:11:20 PM EDT
[#5]
How hard is it to call and ask?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:49:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'd tell the KC person that this is NOT a permission slip... If they say no it doesn't me you can't get it... Just they will not know about it....

Heh, that's actually not a bad idea. Or is it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:36:42 AM EDT
[#7]
You guys are begging to let the state of WA know about you cans and be on public record with your address that you have them
In the mid 1980's I purchased a certin gun part and use the leo sig way now after the sbr,mg 1994 WA ban I cant even transfer it to myself
on a trust and it cant even go to my family in WA when I die because it cant be transfered.
In CA they wanted all to register all guns and look at the bs they went through a few years after.
Many in other states have stopped going the leo way and started using a trust because of less bs,
With a trust you can go to a store pick out the toys you want, fill out the forms, make out a check then pull a copy of your trust out of
your pocket and mail it all.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 2:02:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Should I even bother to call the Snohomish County SO?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 4:31:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

No.

ETA: actually go ahead, but I probably know what the answer will be.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 4:54:22 PM EDT
[#10]
never really looked into the trust route had heard you have to maintain the paper work on the trust every year not sure if theirs any truth to that always thought that having the CLEO signing off on it was the better route to go  less hassle in the end ?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 4:57:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bummer.  I will remember that at the polls.

+1  on this
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:12:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

never really looked into the trust route had heard you have to maintain the paper work on the trust every year not sure if theirs any truth to that always thought that having the CLEO signing off on it was the better route to go  less hassle in the end ?

No need to renew the trust in WA every year... or at any time after it's signed/nptarized, for that matter.  Perhaps you were thinking of an LLC?

Trust is the way to go.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:29:03 AM EDT
[#13]
If your sheriff hesitates to sign, let them know their signature is not required and that you can simply use a trust.  The sheriff has a choice, they can know who owns silencers in their county or they can remain ignorant.

Ranb
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:31:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Sno. Co. Sheriff's Office is probably a Waste of time unless you are LEO!  Back in March 2008  they said that signing off on Suppressors are their lowest priority & will most likely never be "gotten to"

I went the trust route & it went like this:
Bought the Suppressor, Filled out Form 4 & Trust on 3/11/08  
AFT Approved on 4/29/08
Took my Suppressor home on 5/7/08

May be a bit slower now..., I'm sure ATF is getting a lot of F-4's from WA. these days!

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 2:12:59 AM EDT
[#15]
In 2005 or so, whenever Reichert was first running for congress, I confronted him face to face and askd him to sign my F4 for an AOW. He said "oh I have never seen these forms before, you know how it is with about 1000 subordinants these things never make it to my desk." He asked if he coudl take my form 4 and have someone from his office look it over. They looked it over, they took long enough with it that Reichert won his election, the form 4 was passed to his replacement and then she sent me a rejecton letter. Fuck em I say. I tried to get them to take part in the registration process and they pussed out. At that time it wasn't even like they were denying me anything, I was a SOT mfg and the item I wanted in my name was already in my inventory. It was as inoccuous as they come, a MP5k semi auto with forward pistol grip. Take the grip off, detregister it and I could have transfered it as a pistol. They would not play ball. Someday it will be their loss.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top