Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2005 8:13:34 AM EDT
Just got a letter from OSBI saying my CHL application is being rejected due to illegible fingerprints. WTF? I have had psoriasis on hands for 20 years and I know it makes my prints hard to take, but I just did an NFA transfer a few months ago and those were good enough for the FBI. They sent some new cards, but it won’t make much difference since my hands never heal. Has anyone else ran into this? Do I need to send a letter from my doctor?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:20:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Relax,

The OSBI kicks juts about everyones prints back, mine were kicked back over 1 finger they said they could not read, the FBI had no problem. The lady at the sheriffs office, put a white sticker over that one print, then re-did that one finger, mailed them back, all was fine.

Have them re-done and send them back, good luck.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:24:59 AM EDT
[#2]
You would think with all the high-tech AFIS, you could get your prints optic-scanned.
Maybe the regs. still call for "hard coded" prints.

I renewed my DL a few month ago, and was optic-scanned.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:55:04 AM EDT
[#3]
The only problem with re-doing the prints is that they won't be any better. Psoriasis never heals up and the rough areas on my hand wil always leave spots on the fingerprint cards. The ones I have done for the ATF were with ink and the ones I did for the OSBI were on an optical scanner. Either way they come out with bad spots, but almost all of the major curls on my fingers show up. The ATF/FBI can still log my prints with the bad spots, why can't the OSBI?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:27:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Simply put, state employee! Too much to do, so kick it back if there is a problem with it and move on to something else !
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:24:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I have very fine fingerprints, I have done a lot of fingerprinting and prints like mine are extremely hard to get good ones, they rejected my prints 2 or 3 times, sent me a letter that I had one more chance before my application was denied for bad prints.  The OSBI is very picky on prints!

I finally went to the OSBI and let them fingerprint me, they did them over and over, putting patches over the bad ones, till they finally got a set they would accept.  I don't think they like to do that, but in some cases it becomes necessary.

Your prints are probably similar to someone who works in concrete a lot, their prints are extremely hard to take cause their fingers and hands are so eaten up by the concrete.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:25:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Just got a letter from OSBI saying my CHL application is being rejected due to illegible fingerprints. WTF? I have had psoriasis on hands for 20 years and I know it makes my prints hard to take, but I just did an NFA transfer a few months ago and those were good enough for the FBI. They sent some new cards, but it won’t make much difference since my hands never heal. Has anyone else ran into this? Do I need to send a letter from my doctor?

Take your  letter with you to OSBI and show them that your prints got rejected and they will print you with there computer for free, but you must have the letter with you.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:37:23 AM EDT
[#7]
When doing the finger print cards I try to get a years supply around 5 sets or 10ea.
NFA, dont wanta talk about them. Damm transfers...

You would think that with NFA, they shold know who you are.
But no, SOS...

Dont know what to tell you, except go to OSBI & talk to them wiht your renewal.
Take a form4 with you??, Dont know if it would help or hinder.
God only knows.
Best of luck
Walte in OKC
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:08:27 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Take your  letter with you to OSBI and show them that your prints got rejected and they will print you with there computer for free, but you must have the letter with you.  

Oklahoma is a "shall issue" state.  If you go their office on Hudson, north of 63rd, just west of the Broadway Extension with your letter of rejection, they WILL HAVE to do the job themselves.
What O_L said is true!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:56:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oklahoma is a "shall issue" state.  If you go their office on Hudson, north of 63rd, just west of the Broadway Extension with your letter of rejection, they WILL HAVE to do the job themselves.
What O_L said is true!

Its on Harvey, not Hudson  
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:55:43 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You would think with all the high-tech AFIS, you could get your prints optic-scanned.
Maybe the regs. still call for "hard coded" prints.

I renewed my DL a few month ago, and was optic-scanned.

Good luck.

Sure, if all of the little police departments in the state actually had the money to spend on "high tech AFIS". You would think that with the the high tech fire engines and wildland fire equipment out there that the fires in our area could be put out more efficiently. Once again, the technology is there, but who can afford it? Only the bigger cities with the money.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:26:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Update:

I went to the OSBI a few weeks ago and had them re-take my prints. Received letter today telling me my application was approved and to go to the sheriff's office and pick up my license.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top