Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2006 1:50:04 PM EDT
A man was shot Friday afternoon at Cecil Webb WMA range while attending a safety course for CCW. I don't know all the particulars but from the little bit I've read, it was a negligent discharge. There was a very short article in Saturday's Charlotte Sun Herald. The reporter referred to the gun as a .357 shotgun!
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 3:48:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Niiiiiiiice.........

Link

jj

next question: Does he get the permit?
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 4:17:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Where can I find a .357 shotgun?
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 4:30:26 PM EDT
[#3]
 That's gonna leave a mark. Listen carefully and follow instructions, come on children its not difficult.
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 5:20:13 PM EDT
[#4]

origonaly posted by Sun-Herald

"It was a good example of what not to do."

well duuhh
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:55:18 PM EDT
[#5]
teaching ccw on a public (gov land) range is a no, no.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:51:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Witnesses told police that Silverberg told the students to check the weapons to make sure they were unloaded just before the gun detonated, the report said.

Pulling the trigger is not an approved method.  

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 2:11:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Witnesses told police that Silverberg told the students to check the weapons to make sure they were unloaded just before the gun detonated, the report said.

Detonated? nice choice of words,I would have thought it discharged.Or better yet accidently discharged.That moron made it sound like it exploded.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:08:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
teaching ccw on a public (gov land) range is a no, no.

Why do you say that? I teach CCW on a public range regularly and have no issues with it (and certainly none like the nitwit that's the subject of this thread!).
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:15:04 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Detonated? nice choice of words,I would have thought it discharged.Or better yet accidently discharged.That moron made it sound like it exploded.

Maybe it was a Glock.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:58:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Someone needs to go back to reporter school.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 1:59:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Someone needs to go back to reporter school.

What for? They wouldn't teach him anything about them nasty guns; it wouldn't be PC...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top