Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2003 11:10:25 AM EDT
I just applied for my CCW today. Now how long am I going to have to wait for the postcard to come in? A lady that worked there said that they aren`t backed up like they were, but I have heard people say it can take as long as 6 months. So how long did it take some of you? Thanks
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 11:16:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Unfortunately, Philadelphia doesn't even consider the 45 day requirement in the law to even be a suggestion, much less a requirement.  While I've heard from folks who have gotten their CCW in less than two months I've talked to as many who waited six.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 11:25:48 AM EDT
[#2]
DavidC how long did it take you to get your permit?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 11:52:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I got mine in philly last sept. It took 9 weeks. I heard it used to be a 6 month wait.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 12:15:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
DavidC how long did it take you to get your permit?

I've had a permit for almost 25 years. Got the first one in Montgomery County when I was 21. Got it the same day I applied.

Most recently was when I renewed my CCW here in Bucks County. Took about 10 days.

Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:25:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Carl, I had to wait almost the full six months, that was last year from april to sept, also I had previous permit, didn't mean a thing.

Had to take off from work, drive around on springarden street looking for a parking spot, go inside and wait for a few hours.

Almost six months later,take off from work drive around look for a parking spot, go inside with my card and wait, finally get called for picture.

On my way to the car I stop at, "Ignorant and outragously priced" Colisimo's, the door is locked but he is sitting right there at the counter eating a friggin hoagie the size of my arm, tells me to wait until he's done, (yeah right)I just laughed and walked away.

Isn't Philly great!!!
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:13:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I just renewed mine today. It took 6 monthes last summer because of 9/11. When i got my last one 5 years ago it took 90 days, I was told today it would take 5 weeks.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:33:12 AM EDT
[#7]
HappyJack97 I had to get buzzed in too. That place is a sick joke. NO price tags on any firearms. I think I did see a pricetag on an old box of 9mm for the super low price of $20. Well I said F/T. The only reason they are still open is because thay sell guns to the police.

The other place right around there, Olde City Range I think it was called doesn`t sell guns anymore and doesn`t use the range for anything else other than Act 235. And the guy who worked there said that Colosimo`s was rediculously priced and that he gets business of off all the people who just got their CCW and don`t know any better!
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:53:12 PM EDT
[#8]
colissimo's ha ha ha what a dump.I saw a USED romanian sar-1 there last year for a whopping $800! I asked the old fart why the gun was so pricy, he told me that it was a 'Rare Variant'and might be a preban. After giggling a little bit I dropped a wicked fart and told the old man he was a crook and walked out. Om the way out the door he yelled 'get out here ya punk before i call the police'. I still wonder how douchebags like that stay in business!
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:20:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I've been trying to figure them out for years.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 11:50:39 PM EDT
[#10]
That dump did have a SPAS12 and a weird looking AK hunter (with the regular hunting stock AND pistol grip I can only imagine how much they wanted for those two guns! I feel bad for that poor SPAS though its probably going to sit there forever!
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:10:38 AM EDT
[#11]
colissimo's is a joke. The are WAY overpriced. Firing Line (on front street)is better.

Classic Pistol has ALOT better prices, its CLEAN, and the people are friendly.

Link Posted: 5/30/2003 7:54:43 AM EDT
[#12]
I belong to both.Classic has a mutch better range.
www.classicpistol.com
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 9:40:41 AM EDT
[#13]
I belong to Classic Pistol since 2000. I do like the place my only complaint is no rapid fire.And like Dredd308 said the people there are a lot friendlier.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:11:08 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I belong to Classic Pistol since 2000. I do like the place my only complaint is no rapid fire.And like Dredd308 said the people there are a lot friendlier.

Never under stood that, you can shoot and rent full-auto there.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:59:36 AM EDT
[#15]
mikepenn33 the reason they said is because a lot of people can`t control their rapid fire, and shoot holes in the ceiling. So I understand that. They also know that me and my shooting partner (556sniper) can control our rapid fire. But we can`t either because monkey see monkey do. Still beats Nockamixon state range, 3 rounds period!
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 9:03:20 AM EDT
[#16]
try wings and water in east greensville up to 500yds
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:37:00 AM EDT
[#17]
south philly gun and archery is a cool range nice and clean alot of pistols too good prices only talk to jimmy owner or nick  firing line range sucks but larrys a stand up guy      
in regards to ccw I applied april21 03 may 28th got the card 29th permit pick up
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:48:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Jimmy use to own a pizza shop at 4th and south st and larry at firing line is great
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:10:01 AM EDT
[#19]
my barber shop is on south street what pizza place did he own
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:31:54 AM EDT
[#20]
It was called L.P. pizza. it's now starbucks
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 9:53:09 PM EDT
[#21]
When I renewed my CCW last time I had to wait a ridiculously long time. In fact I didn't get the new license until about 2 months after my last one expired. Totally ridiculous.
If I had to say something nice its definitely a better setup than going to the old fire station on Race Street.
I don't much care for the fingerprints & photo equipment they are using now. Definitely a Big Brother setup.
As far as Collisimo's is concerned, I went in there 2 times. The first time I was treated very rudely. The second time I figured I see if they changed. Not a bit. The place sucks! There is NO valid reason for any one to shop there. They are the least appealing gun store in the Philadelphia area.

I shoot at Classic whenever I get the time. Great place to shoot. I usually shoot at a pretty decent pace and never had any problems.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 10:20:58 AM EDT
[#22]
I received my CCW in 7 days after I applied. Course I had one from another state which I've had since I was 19 which might have helped. I also live in Bucks which I've heard makes a huge difference.

Classic Pistol is a great range. Friendly folks, fair prices for the most part (hey, they have to eat too), and usually a cute gal behind the counter. They also shoot IDPA every 3rd Tuesday.

M_J
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 8:41:36 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
and usually a cute gal behind the counter.

She must be a hunter, she's got a hell of a rack!

M_J, do you shoot their IDPA match too?
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:01:49 AM EDT
[#24]
I do when I can make it. I shot it last month with my 1911.

Yes, she could definitely bring down some game.;)
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:15:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Her name is Brook and be nice her boyfriend works there and is an ex-marine
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 4:22:26 AM EDT
[#26]
I'll pass that on to Kasey, she'll love hearing that. :) Brooke isn't Keith's gf, but she's taken as well, sorry boys! :)

I missed IDPA last Tuesday! I was thinking it was this Tuesday!

I swung in for a bit last night, it was crazy busy. People were coming out of the woodwork. :)
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:14:00 AM EDT
[#27]
I was there between 7:30 and 9:00. it was the first time I had to wait for a lane.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top