Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2006 2:18:24 PM EDT
I'm signed up to take the CCW class at H&H. As far as I know all I need to bring is that OSBI packet 50rnds ammo and my pistol. Is that it?

What will I have to do during the range portion of the class?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:52:28 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I'm signed up to take the CCW class at H&H. As far as I know all I need to bring is that OSBI packet 50rnds ammo and my pistol. Is that it?

You basically just need to show them you can handle your firearm in a safe manner.  They don't critique your target.  That was my experience 2 years ago anyways.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:48:10 PM EDT
[#2]
There is a written test and then you fire 50 rounds five at a time slow fire.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:55:23 PM EDT
[#3]
i took the saturday all day class at H&H and it was a blast.  very simple class and they cover some real good points.  shoot safe and have fun.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:55:29 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

The "class" is a joke, especially the "range" portion. There is no accuracy requirement or proficiency standard. Your biggest challenge will be remaining awake and keeping silent when the Heat wannabes start running their mouths.

The best part of the class at H&H is the talk by the attorney about how not to get your dick in a wringer as an SDA licensee. That alone is worth the cost of the course.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:35:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:21:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info guys. Sounds like this is gonna be pretty interesting, if not for the class for the characters taking the class! Hopefully I won't get shot by some idiot, thats the reason I avoid crowded and indoor ranges like the plague...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top