Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2008 2:20:04 PM EDT
Perhaps this should be considered a review, Im not to concerned where it goes, but rather that the information be passed along.  Since the info on Missouri coming out of the dark age and allowing suppressors came about, I have been doing a lot of research to figure out exactly what it is I want so that I am prepared on August 29th.  I had read in another post about Major-Malfunction of Oklahoma.  I checked out the site and I was impressed from the get go.  Very informative and more important to me, very user friendly.  I emailed Byron to get an idea of what exactly it is that I need (read want).  Byron got back with me immediatly.  He suggested a phone conversation and we spent some time curing my ignorance regarding cans.  I am very impressed.  His patience and knowledge is wonderful!  I would also be very interested in anyone beating his quoted prices.  Needless to say, he walked me through all of the beauracracy and alleviated some of my fears.  I submitted my C&R paperwork last week so I shall soon get my purchases lined out with Byron.  

www.major-malfunction.com

I do not have any personal information regarding Byron and maj-mal nor have I ever done business with them.  The guy called me back on the weekend though and that goes a long way in my book.  Now to just find a class III dealer for the transfer.  Does CMMG handle private class III transfers?

~Ed
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 4:03:58 PM EDT
[#1]
IIRC, CMMG does handle NFA transfers. There are a few guys in the KC area, too.
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 4:37:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I belive that CMMG will be carrying suppressors as well.  Might think about supporting the guys who actually made it happen that you can actually have these things.
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 4:56:38 PM EDT
[#3]
height=8
Quoted:
I belive that CMMG will be carrying suppressors as well.  Might think about supporting the guys who actually made it happen that you can actually have these things.

Would that be the leadership at misouricarry.com?
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 5:00:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ummmm, no.
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 6:53:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I belive that CMMG will be carrying suppressors as well.  Might think about supporting the guys who actually made it happen that you can actually have these things.  Damned Skippy, CMMG hauled all the freight on this one.  

Not a bit.  They were wisely kept out of this, or we probably wouldn't have gotten it approved.  Remember they're the ones that wanted nothing or everything last year.  Now we are a great state, with a few little things to finish up, as always.  

Ummmm, no.

You folks need to be supporting CMMG, they spent all the time, money, and effort to get this thing done.  Maybe they'll tell everyone the story how this all occurred.  

All I'll say is:  Jeff and Jon my hats off to you guys!!!!    

Link Posted: 5/31/2008 7:47:22 PM EDT
[#6]
My friend just sent me a link to www.major-malfunction.com yesterday. He has GREAT prices. I am to broke to even consider a suppressor right now. If CMMG comes out with or begins carrying suppressors I will most definatly buy from them as long as prices are right.
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 8:09:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I belive that CMMG will be carrying suppressors as well.  Might think about supporting the guys who actually made it happen that you can actually have these things.  Damned Skippy, CMMG hauled all the freight on this one.  

Not a bit.  They were wisely kept out of this, or we probably wouldn't have gotten it approved.  Remember they're the ones that wanted nothing or everything last year.  Now we are a great state, with a few little things to finish up, as always.  

Ummmm, no.

You folks need to be supporting CMMG, they spent all the time, money, and effort to get this thing done.  Maybe they'll tell everyone the story how this all occurred.  

All I'll say is:  Jeff and Jon my hats off to you guys!!!!    

Jeff and Jon did their share. If you think they were the only ones and if you think for a minute they are solely responsible, well then you are sadly mistaken.

I too found Bryon at www.major-malfunction.com very helpful and informative. Great prices too.
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 8:53:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/31/2008 9:14:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am the one who got the suppressor legislation passed by not posting about it here on the MoHTF!!!
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 3:37:04 AM EDT
[#10]
I had posted something for Willi, but decided to delete it.

Link Posted: 6/1/2008 4:01:12 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am the one who got the suppressor legislation passed by not posting about it here on the MoHTF!!!

Oh crap, here we go on that again!  Not to hijack the post, but has Blunt signed the bill yet?
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 4:25:33 AM EDT
[#12]
It was just delivered to the Governor's desk on Thursday.  

Link Posted: 6/1/2008 7:21:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 7:47:13 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Jeff and Jon did their share.

I guess if you consider 98% of the work "doing their share", then yeah.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 7:47:48 AM EDT
[#15]
BTW - It's Bryon at www.major-malfunction.com, not Byron.

That's what this thread was about.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 8:16:13 AM EDT
[#16]
I will comply with our leader's request.

Good luck Willi!
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 8:20:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 3:32:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Now I feel like a shmuck...all of my email correspondence with BRYON was spelled BYRON.  What a heel am I.

Too get the thread back on topic, of course I will support the local folks.  CMMG is less than 20 minutes from here.  I have three of their receivers in the "vault"; just in case.  However, at this time I wasnt able to locate information on suppressors on their site.  BRYONS site did have information so he was my first point of contact this time.  No need for folks to get bent.  All is well.
~Ed
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 5:17:28 PM EDT
[#19]
There is something about that name, Bryon, that makes that transposition easy to do. I did it a couple of times and corrected it in my corespondence with him.

He says that he is very busy since Kansas passed their law getting stuff ready for July and he expects Missouri to be icing on the cake.

He signed up at missouricarry.com as a picnic sponsor and has donated a 9mm YHM Cobra suppressor to be one of the prizes raffled off this September at the picnic.

Speaking of suppressors...if you want a mini-preview of what they can be like, John Ross (author of the book Unintended Consequences) is holding his annual Spring Shoot at his quarry in IL about an hour from St. Louis this Saturday, 06-07-08. He will have several machineguns for rental and said he will be bringing an assortment of suppressors for people to check out. This is always a great time, lots of shooting, food and good friends. Bring your own guns and Tannerite to shoot an have a fantastic day of it. All the cool Arfcom'ers from MOhtf are invited.

Directions and more information is availabe over at the www.missouricarry.com site in the forums if you are interested.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 4:02:50 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
He signed up at missouricarry.com as a picnic sponsor and has donated a 9mm YHM Cobra suppressor to be one of the prizes raffled off this September at the picnic.

So that's why you are pushing this guy so much.  Are you getting a $20 coupon for one of his toys as well?  
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:11:15 AM EDT
[#21]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

So that's why we are pushing this guy so much.  Are you getting a $20 coupon for one of his toys as well?  

Shouldn't we be promoting and supporting the company that had the biggest part of getting the legislation passed instead of some company that donated a can to some picnic for publicity?
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:16:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:53:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:57:22 AM EDT
[#24]
I think that's a great idea.  Maybe MissouriCarry.com can donate some money from their picnic to the cause!!!!
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:20:07 AM EDT
[#25]
height=8
Quoted:
Maybe MO carry and John Ross would consider having their own fund raiser to help pay for the lobbying effort.

Jeff

If you watch the interview with the NRA at the convention at Louisville they lead you to believe that they lead the lobbying effort and other organizations across the country are contacting them to get advice for their own efforts.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:48:58 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So that's why you are pushing this guy so much.  Are you getting a $20 coupon for one of his toys as well?  

No, unfortunately I do not get anything out of the deal. He only became a sponsor yesterday which was a surprise to me. I have had the occasion to speak with him a couple of times with a few questions about suppressors and he was very helpful and knowledgeable. I was "pushing" him as you call it because of that and the fact that he has some of the lowest prices I have found.

I have nothing against CMMG and applaud their efforts in helping get this legislation passed. I have purchased from them before and will do so again. Jeff and Jon are great guys. I will consider their suppressors when and if they produce them and if they make them available for civilian sales.

The fact of the matter is that they don't have anything available now nor will they in the near future. If you want a suppressor this year, chances are it will not be engraved "CMMG". Next year? Who knows.

This thread was started about Major Malfunction and his services. It was quickly derailed and diverted as many threads are. That is too bad because he is a good guy and is trying to do a good job promoting his business. Him being good does not make CMMG bad. If he succeeds, CMMG does not fail. This is not a zero sum game. There is plenty of room for all the players. Competition is a good thing and will only make it better.

Also, winning a donated $500 suppressor (no matter who donated it) for a $5 raffle ticket where ALL the proceeds of the raffle go back into the Missouri Second Amendment groups makes all of us winners. It is not an "us against them" thing.

We are all brothers (and sisters) at arms.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:51:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:56:46 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Maybe MO carry and John Ross would consider having their own fund raiser to help pay for the lobbying effort.

Jeff

That's a possibility.

Jeff, send me a PM and let's discuss some numbers and I will take them to the MoCarry board and we will see what we can do.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:11:51 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
We know who got it done.  Loyalties, and sales, will align accordingly.  

Ok eric10mm, take this the nicest way possible.

I finally agree with something you said.

Just kidding....   I agree with other things you've said, I just can't remember them.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:46:16 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
The fact of the matter is that they don't have anything available now nor will they in the near future.

That's funny, I just bought one from CMMG.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:54:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Did you use your coupon?
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:56:14 AM EDT
[#32]
So CMMG has cans as of right now?
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 12:15:56 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
So CMMG has cans as of right now?

i think they carry the gemtech's for out of state purchasers but i am not 100 percent on that.  i didn't think they could manufacture or sell until aug 28 regargless of a signature. but that is just me and i am not very well versed in this matter.  i am sure someone will come along and edit my post and say if i am on the right track.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:31:51 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Did you use your coupon?

You need to learn to quit while your behind..........
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:47:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Soooooooooooooo...how about those Royals??!!

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:23:10 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Jeff

So you guys are of the opinion that John Ross has not spent any personal funds or time for 2amendment rights in MO?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:06:01 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jeff

So you guys are of the opinion that John Ross has not spent any personal funds or time for 2amendment rights in MO?

I, for one, know that John Ross has contributed plenty of time and personal funds to 2A causes in Missouri.  That's a big part of the reason I took my CCW class from him.

I have no problem giving anyone the credit they deserve.  I think all anyone is trying to say is that, in this case, it's pretty clear that CMMG was the major, driving force in getting this suppressor legislation through.  That doesn't mean that we don't realize that others were largely responsible for pushing other 2A legislation through.

With all of that said, I'm going to quote mustangracer from the other thread since I can't really say it any better than he did.

Quoted:
Ok, this is becoming like the fight for the democratic nomination, very very tiresome.  Can we all just stop bickering like school children and drop it.  We all know who was largely responsible and when we are able, I'm sure sales will reward the responsible parties for their work.  So, can we all please just get along and stop acting like this is GD.

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:08:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:25:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Koombya.......Koombya..............
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top