Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2013 3:58:42 PM EDT
Prior to the SAFE act, if you bought a gun out of state, could you have brought it home with no issues.  I travel a lot an had thought about buying an AK from out of state.  I assumed that the gun shop would only sell what is legal in my home state.  I just never had enough time to go buy one before.   So now, I can't get anything.  What about face to face sales out of state?  It will be illegal to bring back now but can it be done?  But what about before 1/15/13?  Would it had been illegal before?  I just never really paid attention prior to all this mess.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 4:04:03 PM EDT
[#1]
You were allowed to buy a rifle in any state through a dealer since a nics check would be done. Any non banned long gun would still be ok, not sure about ar or ak
I imagine most dealers won't sell to us those types any more.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 4:47:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top