Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2005 11:50:18 PM EDT
Last minute decision tonight... I'll be going in the morning leaving here around 9 am, should be there by 10-1030 or so since I need to stop for gas and food.

If anyone else is going today and happens to check this forum in the morning, I'll be wearing my Illinois Hometown tshirt and bringing along a friend who's never shot before.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:03:17 AM EDT
[#1]
K9 and I will be there, Nape-copper ;)

See ya there.

Could probally use your help with zeroing my ACOG LOL.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:31:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Have fun! Looks like it will be a nice day. I would join you but I am on call
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 1:06:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Well had a good day, only 1 minor injury. I was attacked by a used staple. I've come to realize my VEPR-K gets much hotter than my AR15
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 1:10:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:59:17 PM EDT
[#5]
So npd233 is she a new woman of yours?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:02:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Had a great time, nice weather, nice people... although I have a sunglass tan now!

better than golf I say!
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:50:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
So npd233 is she a new woman of yours?

No, actually a friend of a friend. Ran into them last night, mentioned I was going shooting and she said she'd never shot. I invited her and she took me up on it. At the end of the day she said she'd rather buy another Coach purse than a gun, but she said she's less afraid of them now. She preferred the 10/22 to the Colt .380. Didn't care too much for the AR, which was fine with me, as you might have noticed.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:27:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Got the ACOG zeroed in (as best I could without shooting match ammo).  God I love that thing!

However, now I've got a problem!!

I had a couple of failures to extract Wolf ammo from my Bushy.  Cases had to get tapped out with a rod each time.

Not sure what the deal is, as the gun's had a couple thousand rounds of Wolf through it with no problems, and had over 400 rounds through it that day prior to the FTE's.

I tapped out the first case, removed the bolt carrier, wiped it off, returned the carrier to the weapon, and fired about 60 rounds.  Then had another FTE, did the same thing as the first, and fired off another 40 rounds before calling it a day.

I'll be taking it apart to see what (if anything) I can see.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:12:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:44:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Let's see, Massive rocking of AR. Gee who could that be at the pit with a big ol grin on his face, as his Kimber ftf.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:40:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Got the ACOG zeroed in (as best I could without shooting match ammo).  God I love that thing!

I had a couple of failures to extract Wolf ammo from my Bushy.  Cases had to get tapped out with a rod each time.

Not sure what the deal is, as the gun's had a couple thousand rounds of Wolf through it with no problems, and had over 400 rounds through it that day prior to the FTE's.

I tapped out the first case, removed the bolt carrier, wiped it off, returned the carrier to the weapon, and fired about 60 rounds.  Then had another FTE, did the same thing as the first, and fired off another 40 rounds before calling it a day.

Any suggestions?

Is the case rim damaged on the brass that was stuck in the chamber as if the extractor caught the rim and just ripped through it? If so, it could be just a bad piece of brass, or the round was overpressured and caused the case to expand upon firing, to the point that it became one with the chamber. I doubt this would happen with Wolf which is known for being underpowered compared to M193 or M855.

More likely is that the extractor spring could be weak, causing it to pull off the rim instead of pulling the brass out of the chamber. Try one of the "D-rings" or a rubber O-ring (I think O ring size 6 is the size I remember someone hearing was the right size to use) around the extractor spring to give the extractor a little extra "bite" on the cartridge rim.

If these don't help refer to the AR15/Troubleshooting forum threads, or ask there. You'll get the right answer probably within an hour of your post.

npd233
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:34:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Any suggestions?

If you were shooting the older Wolf ammo with the lacquer coating and shooting a substantial amount the stuff could be causing the case to jam in the chamber. The newer manufactured Wolf is a dingy gray/green without the lacquer. Wolf is making this now in response to the very problem you are describing. I hope that is all it is.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:46:40 PM EDT
[#13]
I was the one that got the ammo for Dog, yes, it was brand new.  As an example, my RRA, which I didn't clean since I last shot (yes, shame on me) already was dirty from 500 rounds of Wolf.  Well, I shot another 500 on Sat. and had no prob with it.  My gun was far dirtier than Dog's and was far more "abused".  I say it wasn't ammo related, I would guess extractor related.  On the cases he tapped out, to me it looked like the extractor "skipped" over the rim.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:21:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:29:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Yup, I guess that is what is nice about a RRA, huh NPD, works right out of the box...lol!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:01:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Probably can't make it, got a date on Sunday, and already have plans to take another friend shooting on Saturday.  Besides, I need some time to sight in the M1A properly.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:01:22 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Probably can't make it, got a date on Sunday, and already have plans to take another friend shooting on Saturday.  Besides, I need some time to sight in the M1A properly.

Pssst.......Check your calender. Today is the 31st.

You must really be working too hard lately

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:44:47 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pssst.......Check your calender. Today is the 31st.

You must really be working too hard lately

WIZZO

Doh!

My God, I honestly lost a week somehow!  I have been working a lot of 10-12 hour days and on top of that have been beating the streets to try and find shows for my band.  I am only getting about 4-5 hours of sleep a night and apparently it is weraing on me a bit!

You know you are overworked and overtired when a cute gril calls you to ask you out on a date and the first thing that crosses your mind is "but that is when I was going to rest this weekend."
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:26:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:35:04 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll be there Saturday with a buddy too.  I'll have on a Charcoal Illinois AR15.COM shirt.  Stop by and say hello if you see me.

I'll actaully be out at Sycarmore- my friend has a newborn that her mom will be watching for the morning so she can actually get out of the house for the first time in 2 months (yep, the first thing she wanted to do after having the baby was go shooting!)  but the three hours of total travel will cut too much into shooting time for the day.  Going to Sycamore will save us 90 minutes of travel and allow for 90 more minutes of shooting, plus save $10 ea on range fees.  

I also need to stop by two apt. complexes that morning, so it is going to be a full day...

However, have fun!  I hope to make it down there in a few weeks when things slwo down at work...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top