Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2006 10:11:20 AM EDT
I posted this in General, and then it donned on me that I might want to post it in here.  Thanks for any help guys.

linky

I am looking for a good gym to train at in the Omaha area. Everything that I have found online so far is either closed down or not answering their phones, or the phones are disconneted. I used to box and have done a little kickboxing as well. I've been off for a few years but since my recent divorce I've had an itch to step in the ring and dish out a little punishment (divorced at 23   ). I've always thought about trying MMA out so if anybody knows of a good gym around here who trains amuetures that would be good too.

basically I am looking for a boxing, maybe kickboxing, maybe MMA gym to take a look at. If nobody knows anything about Omaha, then if you could point me in the direction of a good boxing forum to find some info, that would also be helpful.

You'd think there would be some fighters training in Omaha, its not exactly small. I know that they do the golden gloves every year in Lincoln, but surely some of the fighters come from Omaha.

Thanks,

EV

ETA:

I live in Bellevue, the closer the better.  I'd also like to find a gym to train at where I am not going to come outside and find my truck gone.  (ahem...north omaha)
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:19:08 AM EDT
[#1]
truck gone?

dude...nobody in their right mind would steal that ugly purple POS.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:51:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
truck gone?

dude...nobody in their right mind would steal that ugly purple POS.  

that's why i am getting a new one when i sell it and sell destiny's beetle...

besides, they might steal it for parts.  Come to think of it, maybe I should go park it in north omaha for a few days and hope for some insurance money
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:52:04 PM EDT
[#3]
You'd be able to find martial arts training easier than boxing in Omaha. There used to be a real good place over off of 120th and Center but the guy left to go do stunts and fight scenes for none other than Chuck Norris. (Seriously. )

24 Hour Fitness has kickboxing class.

Seriously, I have no clue.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:53:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Are you looking for legal ring boxing, or are you looking for a circle to punish someone in?
I've heard Omaha has a good underground fight scene. I can neither confirm nor deny that however.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:53:03 AM EDT
[#5]
You can't tell me that in all of Omaha no one boxes.  When I lived in Oklahoma City there were a lot of gyms.  Hell I've lived in places in New Mexico that were smaller then Omaha (Las Cruzes and Alamogordo) that had several gyms.  I guess down south boxing is a lot more popular.  Its real big in Mexico, might have something to do with it being more popular in the southwest.  My biggest problem has always been choosing between gyms and trainers.  Now I can't even find ONE!  

I still can't believe that there are no fighters, no fights, and no gyms in the Omaha area.  From what it sounds like, even if I find a place to train amuetuer fights will be few and far between.  You'd think these corn-fed people up here would have a little more fight in them.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:55:13 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You'd be able to find martial arts useless training easier than boxing in Omaha. There used to be a real good place over off of 120th and Center but the guy left to go do stunts and fight scenes for none other than Chuck Norris. (Seriously. )

24 Hour Fitness has kickboxing aerobics for little old ladies class.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:29:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I rember going to the Omaha Golden Gloves a couple times at the Civic when I was little, I'm sure those guys trained at some kind of gym.   However, that was around 10-11 years ago.

The first time we got there just in time to see one of my cousins (who we didn't know was fighting) getting his ass handed to him  

Looked around North Omaha at all?  There's gotta be something around up there fighting related.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:44:58 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You'd be able to find martial arts useless training easier than boxing in Omaha. There used to be a real good place over off of 120th and Center but the guy left to go do stunts and fight scenes for none other than Chuck Norris. (Seriously. )

It's worse than you think too. Picture a taller Richard Simmons trying to teach a bunch of over weight women how to kick box.

Clicking >HERE< might be a good start.

Don't get into underground fighting. Don't go to bars where you box the locals for money. Don't fight when you're drunk.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:04:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's worse than you think too. Picture a taller Richard Simmons trying to teach a bunch of over weight women how to kick box.

Clicking >HERE< might be a good start.

Don't get into underground fighting. Don't go to bars where you box the locals for money. Don't fight when you're drunk.

he just fights himself in back alleys right now for spectators anyway.  anything would be a step up for this dirtbag.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:05:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Mabey give RC's Boxing a call in lincoln.  They promote all the legitamate boxing matches in lincoln, and I know a couple of the boxers.  There should be something in Omaha, and they could point you in the direction, and if there is nothing in Omaha, which I doubt, they are in lincoln.  But give them a try, should be in the yellow pages for lincoln, if not I could get you a P/N or more info if you like, but I would have to make a few calls and its getting late tonight.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:48:47 AM EDT
[#11]
nobody even knows of any boxing forums?  All the ones that I have found have been geared toward discussing pro fights.  Fan sites basically.  There has to be a forum out there that amaeture fighters use.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top