Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2017 8:10:22 AM EDT
Black Hawk Pistol Club's April USPSA match Sunday, 4/9/17.

Where Cedar Valley Pistol Club in Waterloo, IA.
When  Match starts at 8:00 AM on 4/9/17.
Bring   Firearm, ammo, mags, holsters, ear and eye protection.  Sunscreen and a water bottle are recommended.
Ammo Minimum Round count is 120.  Bring extra.
Stages Minimum of five stages
Signup https://practiscore.com/clubs/black-hawk-pistol-club

Fees$15 per shooter, payment accepted at the match.

Fellow Shooters,

BHPC's monthly USPSA match is scheduled for April 9th.  This will be our season opener.

We are strongly recommending this year that ALL competitors sign up prior to the match on PractiScore to save time.  This will greatly assist in getting the matches started on time.  Match fees will be collected at the match.

Use this free link:   https://practiscore.com/clubs/black-hawk-pistol-club

Setup starts at 8:00am Sunday morning.  We are asking all competitors to be on time to help setup. Once setup is complete we will do our walk through, squad up, and begin shooting.  When the match is concluded, we ask everyone to help tear down the match and stow the gear.

Updates will be on IAShooters and Facebook.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 8:59:34 PM EDT
[#1]
The 9th will be bad timing for me, but I intend on making this the year I try a little competition. What other dates do you have planned? I'd be driving from Clinton, so I'd have to plan ahead a little.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 9:40:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Skill levels ? or is this very open to begininers ? I have shot uspsa 2-3 times about 3 years ago. So, I would consider myself back at square one. Dont want to be a complete pain in the ass and slow the groups up and be " that guy"
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 10:50:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Skill levels ? or is this very open to begininers ? I have shot uspsa 2-3 times about 3 years ago. So, I would consider myself back at square one. Dont want to be a complete pain in the ass and slow the groups up and be " that guy"
View Quote
I have 2-3 matches under my belt than you...

are there holster requirements? or is anything owb ok?
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 11:44:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Are you safe?  

I've shot out there with them a number of times, nice folks.  They were always accommodating to new shooters and very helpful.  Long as you're SAFE, follow instructions, and help out where you can, you will be welcomed very warmly.  Bring money for breakfast afterwards.  

You've been the new guy before, you know the deal.  Be safe, help paste, have your shit ready to go by the time you're on deck and all that.  Don't be loading mags when you should be waiting for "shooter ready", don't sit there and watch everyone else paste etc etc.  

I think I last shot out there with them 4 years ago, maybe only 3, but I doubt it has changed.  Really nice folks and a nice place to shoot.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top