Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2005 5:10:49 AM EDT
Anyone going up to the Big E gun show?

I'll probably go up becuase I've got nothing better to do, but I don't plan on getting any good prices on anything other then some head wraps and some cleaning brushes.

**EDIT** Didn't realize this was allready brought up a few times...
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 1:12:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm driving up to CT from PA for the week... Big E is on my to-do list!   I can't wait.  I like to mess with that fellah with the same pre-ban Olys every time.  One day, I'll tell him the AWB died and for $1500 it should come with an Aimpoint and/or blowjob.

Pardon my french.

- BG
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 4:48:23 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm driving up to CT from PA for the week... Big E is on my to-do list!   I can't wait.  I like to mess with that fellah with the same pre-ban Olys every time.  One day, I'll tell him the AWB died and for $1500 it should come with an Aimpoint and/or blowjob.

Pardon my french.

- BG

I went to D'andreas Gun Case yesterday afternoon. They wanted 2400 for a preban Armalite and 1800 for an Oly. What a crock, even for CT.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 2:53:00 PM EDT
[#3]
My two sons an I are planning on Saturday morning as it stands now.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 2:58:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Yea, West Springfield's my home town. I'll combine a family visit with a stop off at the Big E.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:26:24 PM EDT
[#5]
It'll be my son's first fun show...He's looking forward to shopping for parts for his birthday 10/22 and maybe picking up some parts for his AR build
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 1:07:53 AM EDT
[#6]
We'll be there.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:51:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Has anybody benn there today? Is it a fun show or a flea market?I'll be there after 10:30 Sunday & hope to find some good stuff!
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:06:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Has anybody benn there today? Is it a fun show or a flea market?I'll be there after 10:30 Sunday & hope to find some good stuff!

I found some good stuff today, it's hit or miss....
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:06:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Eh...
Alot of cool stuff.. some good deals, some "wtf?" deals...

I picked up a 30rnd LEO marked Colt Mag for 10 bucks.

And next year im bringing like $2,000, so much stuff I want and Need.. especially one of those Croatian .50 Cal's
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:32:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Found two HK usp45 mags in the whole place and he only wanted 75.00 each
Ended up with one good ammo can from a whole morning of walking.
Did you guys see the ammo guy outside?
S.A. battlepacks 27.oo for 140 rounds,looked like he had 5 full cases but didnt check the case price since I dont own a .308 ...yet
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 1:44:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I just got back from the show & I was surprised that the show was better than it has benn in awhile!

I bought some misc AR parts & a Surefire E2D Executive Defender light. It was $30 cheaper than any of the CT stores have it. I also saw a dealer who had some used Colt M4 SOCOM barreled upper reciever assemblies with bolt assembly-no handguards,charging or cary handle,side sling attachment. They wanted $550 All I could say about them is they were definately used ( Blue overheated gas tubes)
I Don't Think So!

Maybe for $350 but $550 Nope! & that would be only after I had checked it with chamber gauges!

All in all, Not a bad show!
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:02:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Magazines should be cheaper in the CT then MA, doesn't MA still have a capacity ban?

It was more of the same for me. Walk around, look at stuff that someone else collected years ago, and is trying to make a retirement on it now. Have a hot dog. Eavesdrop on some older gentleman telling war stories. Get some gas tube cleaners, some ammo, and come home.

I would give anything to hit up a gun show out west or down south where there are actually good deals that shows are supposed to have. I imagine those shows to be like the shows we have in CT at the civic center. You can go to the Hartford civic center and get leathers jackets, CD's, movies, games, PC's, for dirt cheap. That's what I wish the gun show's were like.

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:22:07 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Eh...
Alot of cool stuff.. some good deals, some "wtf?" deals...

I picked up a 30rnd LEO marked Colt Mag for 10 bucks.

And next year im bringing like $2,000, so much stuff I want and Need.. especially one of those Croatian .50 Cal's

The "Manda" .50's were very, very cool..........I want his 37mm Hotchkiss Mountian Gun (for only 16,000.00)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top