yup..
Sat morning..

DAMN I wasted number 1000 on that!!!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:32:29 PM EDT
[#2]
sat morning with $400 in my pocket!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:42:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Saturday morning just for an ammo run. I was bummed with the lack of quality vendors at the last few shows.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:24:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Can't wait... I get so psyched for the fun shows!

Wait a minute... I always come back pissed off.  Maybe I should lower my hopes for this one.

- BG
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:26:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Im looking to get a pistol, are there usualy good deals at this show, or should I just go with a dealer?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:50:42 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Im looking to get a pistol, are there usualy good deals at this show, or should I just go with a dealer?

Might be a few decent used ones for a good price.  I don't think new guns will be competitively priced.  Go early on Saturday to find what few deals there are.

- BG
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:00:13 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Saturday morning just for an ammo run. I was bummed with the lack of quality vendors at the last few shows.

There is only one ammo dealer at this show in the outside tent.It's a fucking scam if ya ask me,he can pretty much set his prices with no competition.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:11:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is only one ammo dealer at this show in the outside tent.It's a fucking scam if ya ask me,he can pretty much set his prices with no competition.

I think he had some decent surplus a couple years ago, which gives me the dream that he will have more.

As for the average commercial stock, this guy is not exactly a bargain, indeed.

- BG
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:23:11 AM EDT
[#9]
This is my first time at the show. I am looking for a Mosin and possibly a Swiss K31. Are there any good C&R dealers there?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:36:52 AM EDT
[#10]
I've been waiting for this weekend for the Big E show, but now since Sat looks like its 60 and sunny,I'm torn between that and spending the day at the range....I think I'll choose the day shooting

Longhunter
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:41:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Im leaving tommorow at 8am...

Just looking for ammo, if there is no 5.45 I guess ill just buy another Parts Kit or something.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:37:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I'll be there...Is the admission still $7?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:17:02 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I'll be there...Is the admission still $7?

$8 w/o coupon/postcard and $7 if you have one of these.

Parking is $5, IIRC!!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:19:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
This is my first time at the show. I am looking for a Mosin and possibly a Swiss K31. Are there any good C&R dealers there?

Terry Goode of Collectors Firearms & Militaria in Pelham, NH will probably have ~8-10 tables. He usually has this stuff. Can't say about prices since I usually order what I want from the same sources as Terry does since I have a C&R FFL.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:37:11 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Terry Goode of Collectors Firearms & Militaria in Pelham, NH will probably have ~8-10 tables. He usually has this stuff. Can't say about prices since I usually order what I want from the same sources as Terry does since I have a C&R FFL.

Thanks Len
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:52:53 AM EDT
[#16]
I just got back form the Big E show.  Lots of vendors and a surprisingly large crowd given that it is 65 and sunny today.  The prices were stunning they were so high. You really had to look hard to find anything that was even fairly priced.  That being said I did pick up a third gen Glock 27 for $450.  Just by way of comparison, I saw that same gun for $750 - $850 being offered by other dealers.  I also saw a couple of good deals on pre-ban AR15s ($900+/-).
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:52:10 AM EDT
[#17]
$175 for 970 rounds of 5.45  

Wow... luckily I talked him down to $139, though still much more than I wanted to pay.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:18:57 PM EDT
[#18]
There were a few prebans. I saw a couple of Olympics that were beat to hell. I almost left with the SKS that took AK mags, but $500 was to steep! Ammo prices were almost decent at best.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:36:21 PM EDT
[#19]
terrible show....they shouldn't have a gun show in a state where everything with a trigger is illegal!
Eric
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:54:54 PM EDT
[#20]
I could not believe all the stuff that was being sold that is illegal in MA.  I saw a MA resident buy a post ban AR with all the evil features.  Also many brand new 3rd generation glocks.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:23:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Yes, the MA shows are definitely "caveat emptor"!!

There are a lot of non-MA FFLs at them and they don't give a damn about MA gun laws, just sell anything that they have with them!

If the wrong person pays a visit to one of these shows, they will all be shut down by a new law! They are tempting fate in a big way.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:49:29 PM EDT
[#22]
LenS,
I concur, there are some people playing with fire.
However, i disagree with your assertation that the shows will be shut down by a new law.  If the criminals don't follow the laws now, a new one will do no good.  It will just drive the business underground.  But business WILL continue regardless.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 12:18:10 PM EDT
[#23]
I had a great time at the gun show! Bought a case of south american 5.56 surplus at the price AIM sells it for (saved shipping) Picked up a Troy rear flipup site & saw new Wolf 5.56 for $209.00 a case. Dealers were busy selling guns all over the place & some prices were damm good.

Got there @ 8:45 & easy parking(free)

Oh! Sorry, I forgot to mention that the show I went to was at the Valley Forge Convention Center, PA

The promoters for the shows at the Big E  have benn on a steady decline as far as quality of a show, for a few years now.  I remember when that show used to fill the building wall to wall.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:45:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Roger,

You don't know our AG and the leadership in our legislature. They are just itching for any excuse to shut down gun shows (and the entire industry) in MA! Something like this would give them the push they could use to get a law passed outlawing the shows or making it so that it was financially impossible to run them.

-------------------

VLODPG,

I know a number of big dealers who absolutely foam at the mouth when you mention Carole's name! They all used to take many tables at her shows but due to things that they allege (some of which I observed myself), they quit doing her shows completely. MA laws certainly don't help either!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:03:10 PM EDT
[#25]
I went on Saturday morning. Best weather I've seen since September! That aside it was alright, my dad picked up some G43 parts he needed and I grabbed a battle pack of the new Wolf ammo to try it, it was expensive but I just wanted some to try. They had teh Guatemalan 5.56 for 255 for a case of 1440 rounds, not a bad price and less than what Paul paid for his in PA I was surprised by the nuber of early M16 and SP1 parts around, there were quite a few. Also it did not seem that pre ban's were unreasonably priced. Pre ban bushy in XM177 configuration (non NFA of couse) for 950 isn't too bad if you ask me.

I wish I had bought a case of that guatemalen ammo but I just dropped my bank account from over 900 to 80 in the sapce of 6 days on my new upper and other stuff so I didn't have teh 250 to drop at that point in time. As for the ammo guys, the main guy was nice and helpful, his younger friend helping him was an asshole, acted like he was too good for my time when I was buying his ammo. Also my father bought soem 308 and .45 ammo from them, said that guy charged him sales tax while the other guy didn't. He didn't argue about the 1.50 extra but he wasn't too happy with it as I'm sure all that cash goes right into his pocket. I asked if he had a card or contact info as I was interested in getting one of those cases of Guatemalan ammo in teh future, guy was a total dick blew me off and wouldn't even look at me when he talked to me, dunno what his problem was but I got the ammo I wanted to try and today it worked great.

Steve
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:45:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Ugh.  What a disappointment.

I didn't even get a chance to look for ammo since some guy from VT was wasting my time.  I was tryng to sell an upper slung over my shoulder and the wanker said he'd have the money in an hour.  Hour later he pulls out of the deal.

Argh.

The deals were few and far between... Yugo SKSs were a full two times what I saw them for in PA.

I did see some USGI mags for $8.  Beat up, but nothing some new springs and some pliers couldn't cure.

- BG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top