Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 4:40:37 AM EDT
For those of you interested in going to gun shows next weekend Feb 25 & 26 the louisville show is at the expo center.  I have been to this show last yr and it was a very good show not sure how the prices are we never know that but a good way to spend a day or two in winter better than setting at home lol.
 Another show for those of you in the Evansville area is Feb 25 &26 at the vanderburg county fair grounds and it is usally a nice show not nearly as big as louisville but none the less a nice little show.
Im not usally a big fan of buying guns at gun shows but enjoy looking and occasionaly picking up a deal on accories or ammo  and talking with friends  a nice way to spend some time.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:51:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Louisvile show is great. It's promoter Ron Dickson is anoying as hell. The man just loves to hear is own voice over the PA.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:40:11 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Louisvile show is great. It's promoter Ron Dickson is anoying as hell. The man just loves to hear is own voice over the PA.

+1 and it's now $10 to get in and $5 to park.  I'll be there Saturday.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:50:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll probably head down next Sunday.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:00:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm heading down from Michigan.  I've heard what a great show it is and was looking to get out of town for a couple of days.  Hope it's worth the drive.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:23:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hope it's worth the drive.

It won't be..

1/4 of it will be cowboy art prints, bronze artwork, jewlery, old clothes and beef jerky.

1/4 of it will be airsoft, cheap tac-gear, roasted nuts and worn-out surplus.

1/4 of it will be the Garand owners, you know the ones, with a net over their rifles,  that will not let you get within 20 feet of their tables without them sweating that you will touch it or breath near it, books and WWII German Surplus.

the last 1/4 will be over-priced dealers that don't know that the ban is over, AR stuff that is either junk or way more than you can get it here from either a member or a vendor and last but not least, the knife guy that sells pot metal Rambo knock-offs for $99.99.

All the while you are bombarded by Brillo pad head Dickson as he trys to get you to join his "Gun Show Protection Union" or as we seasoned NGD goers call it, "I need to buy a new Caddy fund."

I started going there nearly 20 years ago and up until about 6 years ago it was the shit.

Save your gas and money...just a friendly warning.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:40:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It won't be..

1/4 of it will be cowboy art prints, bronze artwork, jewlery, old clothes and beef jerky.

1/4 of it will be the Garand owners, you know the ones, with a net over their rifles,  that will not let you get within 20 feet of their tables without them sweating that you will touch it or breath near it, books and WWII German Surplus.

the last 1/4 will be over-priced dealers that don't know that the ban is over, AR stuff that is either junk or way more than you can get it here from either a member or a vendor and last but not least, the knife guy that sells pot metal Rambo knock-offs for $99.99.

All the while you are bombarded by Brillo pad head Dickson as he trys to get you to join his "Gun Show Protection Union" or as we seasoned NGD goers call it, "I need to buy a new Caddy fund."

I started going there nearly 20 years ago and up until about 6 years ago it was the shit.

It's still better than the Indy 1500

Remember it's the little guys that make this show worth going too.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:13:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It won't be..

It's still better than the Indy 1500

Remember it's the little guys that make this show worth going too.

No it's not better than the 1500. I go to both. The last 1500 had quite a few non-dealers.

There are way more little guys at the smaller shows like the Tri-State than at NGD. I went to the Tri-State at the Clarion Hotel a few weeks ago and it was full of non-dealer tables with great deals.

Dickson is slowly forcing out the non-dealers because he keeps pushing up the cost of tables. Tables are $100 a table. So if you want 2-3 tables to show your stuff, you better make that in a weekend.

I goto the smaller shows more that the mega shows. At NGD, $10 to get in and $5 to park is a way too much for a gunshow.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:33:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks Dog, I wondered if the trend had continued.  I hit the KC-MG shoot now., that's about it.  Besides my boys LOVE the shoot!  I used to use the excuse, "yes I need to go honey, the boys really look forward to it..."  Now they really do, my 10 year old (almost 11) has already asked me twice since January, if we were going in the spring
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:40:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Thanks Dog, I wondered if the trend had continued.  I hit the KC-MG shoot now., that's about it.  Besides my boys LOVE the shoot!  I used to use the excuse, "yes I need to go honey, the boys really look forward to it..."  Now they really do, my 10 year old (almost 11) has already asked me twice since January, if we were going in the spring

Not a problem...the NGD is not the show it used to be. Between the old stuff and the junk, it's just not that good anymore.

I'll tell you this, the Tri-State show at the Clairon Hotel on Hurstborne lane was great. It was small but filled with non-dealers.

I'm going to start sticking to the smaller shows.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:11:21 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It won't be..

+1  

Steve
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:34:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Just got home from the louisville show.  was there when the door opened and left at 3pm they said it was the largest feb show they had ever had and the most people. fire marshal and some other officials were at the door when we left they were talking about not letting anyone else in untill some left the amount of people were over the building limits.  Lots of people.  Prices were little high but did find some deals on some 223 and 45acp and some little things like tactical latch for my bushy for $12 usally there $19. Had a good afternoon. as i walked through the croud i wondered how many of you were there and we all didnt know it.  better show than usall and a good way to spend a day.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:02:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Went yesterday.  Arrived at 9:30am. Most@#$%! mess I've ever seen trying to get in to the show. Stayed until 4:30pm.

Big long line running across the entire building.  Waiting in line for about 15 min. when the guy behind us says that he had already been throught the entrie line and then couldn't get in because you had to get into another line to get you ticket first.

One of us went and got the tickets while the line move to the door.  Finally someone started walking up and down the line telling people about the ticket thing.

Got through the door and had a good time.  Lots of interesting older stuff to check out.

Not that impressed with the ammo deals.  Basically the AMMO STORE was the only real "ammo dealer". (The 1500 usually has several)

I thought most of the prices were a bit high.

All in all, probably will not drive from Lafayette again.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:33:52 PM EDT
[#13]
you got that right about the ticket thing we without knowing got our tickets when we walked in the door half hr before the show opened so we lucked out and the line in front of us wasnt that long. Yes prices was alittle high. buddie picked up a stainless travel 2 gun case for a great price and we got some little things but other than that just looked.  louisville is only a 11/2 hr drive for us so not that bad.
I went to local show in evansville today  show wasnt that bad i did pick up a couple AR mags, like i really need more lol that were good price from a dealer i know got them for $12 ea there parkerized and i tried one when i got home and it worked great and looks great. other than that same old thing when i want to buy guns or really need something i go to whittakers in ky   otherwise gun shows are something to do to look.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top