Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2008 12:40:10 PM EDT
Who has the best price on a Maverick 88 w/18.5" barrel in PA or nj?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:32:23 PM EDT
[#1]
i would'nt bother, I bought a mav 88 with a 28"bbl and got about 1k rounds though it and now its all messed up. I was very dissapointed in it....
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:58:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
i would'nt bother, I bought a mav 88 with a 28"bbl and got about 1k rounds though it and now its all messed up. I was very dissapointed in it....
What happened to it?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:40:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I dunno, Im not good at trouble shooting guns...all i know is when you pull the trigger she dont go bang! lol

I used it strickly for trap shooting my leagues. so it was only one round at a time. I went to shoot some trap with my brother, we were shooting double birds. loading two rounds at a time....first shot will always goes off normal, the quick pump and follow up shot on the next bird, and it will not shoot the second round. its like its not re-setting the hammer or something. I tried pumping it several different way thinking it was me, but no luck.

little bit later and it started doing it on the first round, and i can't have that happen when im on the line shooting for score so i gave up on the gun. I've owned 3-4 moss 500's and never had a problem with them....was told these were the same guns under a differnt name so i thought it would be fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top