Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2005 9:05:43 AM EDT
Just got back from there . NO WAY IN HELL could you get through a check out line in less than 1-2 HOURS. There was a line all the way through the building and even upstairs in the hunting department. Maybe it will subside a bit in the next few days, but I wouldn't count on it. Probably not until after Xmas. The parking lot over at the Smokies stadium was about full as well, they're trucking them in too.
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 4:31:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I went opening night at about 7:30 pm.  INSANE!
Not sure if I like the up-stairs/down-stairs design.  It seems like the hunting section was smaller than others--maybe not.

Lots of inflated prices, some good prices.  At least we have a place to touch hunting gear before we buy...

Link Posted: 12/1/2005 4:18:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Let the newness wear off a little.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:28:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, my experience is a little different.

They don't carry Kel Tec
They don't carry Kahr
They don't carry Sig
They don't carry and 1911s, what-so-ever!
They don't carry H&K
They don't carry even HiPoints

When I asked the clerk "where are the carry guns"
He responded ... "we keep away from concealed carry"

That was his answer, so help me God

All they carry is six shooters with long-ass barrels
Nothing wrong with those BUT, BassPro elects to stay away from CCW

I must admit, I was surprised when upon entering, I did not see a "no guns" sign in the door as is the case with most BassPro shops I have read about.
And, for the floor help,....well....shit, I stomped around for 15 minutes and could not get any help and could not find ANY floor clerks to help me.

I will never set foot back in there again. The tourist can have it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:31:24 PM EDT
[#4]
The BassPro here in Nashville just started carrying Kimbers, Hk, and Browning HiPower along with some other pistols a few months ago.  For the longest time all they had was about a dozen revolvers and a few .22 pistols.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:40:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Accuser, glad to read your response. Perhaps there is hope for our store afterall.
Tell me, is there a "no guns allowed" sign on the Nashville store?

Shoot safely
Shoot often
Happy New Year
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:01:45 PM EDT
[#6]
There is a sign that says all firearms must be checked at the customer service desk in the lobby just before you enter the main floor to the store.  I was shocked the day my wife and I walked in and saw all the pistols.  I was like let my see that one and that one.  I would imagine your store will get a larger selection in time.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:29:56 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
There is a sign that says all firearms must be checked at the customer service desk in the lobby just before you enter the main floor to the store.  

I have never seen such a sign at the Nashville store.  What they do have is a sign on a door leading into the mall saying "No guns allowed beyond this point."

Said sign is NOT within TSC compliance for posting a "no CCL allowed" by design. What it does do is discourage a customer who has just bought a gun in Bass Pro to walk thru Opry Mills with a new Beretta 390 or whatever.

I have & will continue to visit the mall & Bass Pro with my CCL & carry anywhere I go in there. Obviously, I avoid the Friday's restaurant as they're off-limits by state law.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:02:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I didn't say the say was in compliance, it just says firearms must be checked.  It is almost like a joke, a sign you would see in a western movie.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:19:23 PM EDT
[#9]
No lost love here with Bass Pro Shops (BPS). I refuse to buy from them unless I can't find it anywhere else and I usually can). Not only will they not honor their online web prices in stores, they won't offer the same prices from other stores if something like the Fall Hunting Classic is going on elsewhere. I tried getting a rain check on the advertised Stevens 200 for $199 two weeks ago as they were out of stock....Wouldn't offer the rain check. Therefore, Cabelas or midway gets my money. As another poster mentioned not carrying certain brands....I haven't seen them carry certain rifles and nope they don't do special orders either. Bass Pro is just another tourist attraction in Nashville for the out of towners.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:04:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Try The SportsMen's Wearhouse. Except for boats Bass Pro is way behind in everything.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:16:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Couldn't agree with you more about Sportsmans Warehouse. I visited one while in Denver a couple years ago and was blown away by the selection and prices. I hear there is one in Memphis these days. I would love for one to come to Nashville.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:01:52 PM EDT
[#12]
I think they just opened a second store in Memphis.

Unless you need fishing gear, Bass Pro sucks.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:56:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Hmmmmmmmmm, maybe we can have an arfcom mission to Bass Pro requesting DVDs of Brokeback Mountain????????? Oh, shit, that would be funny if Bass Pro actually sold them!!!!    
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:56:08 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Hmmmmmmmmm, maybe we can have an arfcom mission to Bass Pro requesting DVDs of Brokeback Mountain????????? Oh, shit, that would be funny if Bass Pro actually sold them!!!!    

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top