Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2006 3:59:09 AM EDT
Who's a good smith in the Cleveland,Gaston county area for threading an AR barrel ?
I've got a RRA heavy barrel I'd like to see about getting threaded and get a vortex put on.
Looking for names links locations.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:10:05 AM EDT
[#1]
There is a gunsmith at Eagle Guns in concord that will thread a barrel, he did my AR I paid about $5 more than Adco counting the shipping charges.... He did it in 1 or 2 days, depends on how backed up he is.

Im pretty happy with the work.

Josh
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:39:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
There is a gunsmith at Eagle Guns in concord that will thread a barrel, he did my AR I paid about $5 more than Adco counting the shipping charges.... He did it in 1 or 2 days, depends on how backed up he is.

Josh

Is that giving him the complete rifle or just the upper, meaning he breaks it down and reassembles it after threading? I've one AR that has a darn good barrel, but is post ban, and is in need of a FS installed......
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:56:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Josh

Is that giving him the complete rifle or just the upper, meaning he breaks it down and reassembles it after threading? I've one AR that has a darn good barrel, but is post ban, and is in need of a FS installed......

I disassembled my rifle but left the FSB on.... he removed it... Im pretty sure if you didn't have the parts he might would do it for just a little more. Go in and talk to him, he is a really nice guy and Im sure he would hook you up.

Josh
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:06:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Who's a good smith in the Cleveland,Gaston county area for threading an AR barrel ?
I've got a RRA heavy barrel I'd like to see about getting threaded and get a vortex put on.
Looking for names links locations.

In Shelby, there was a place called Tactical Supply about 2-3 blocks behind the Ford dealership on 74 (73?!?!?).  If he is still open check with him.  He has a machinist that did pretty damn good work, same day for $35.

Gunworks in Salisbury can get it done for you also, although that might be out of your way.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:06:15 AM EDT
[#5]
If you cant find anyone drop it in the mail to me I charge $65.00 including A2 fh.
Red
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:46:14 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If you cant find anyone drop it in the mail to me I charge $65.00 including A2 fh.
Red

Sent you an IM Red.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top