Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2023 8:22:47 AM EDT
Anyone have info of a place that will thread a barrel in the upstate? I called Upstate Armory and their gunsmith isn’t taking new work now. I’d prefer local as to not ship it.

I have a bolt action 22lr I’d like to have threaded.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/9/2023 3:24:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Not in the upstate, but Chester and palmetto arms LLC in Summerville will probably do it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2023 5:35:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Found out today that Upstate Armory Group is closing for good, which is why they weren't taking your work for their gunsmith.

Definitely sad news.  Morgan was always super nice and incredibly responsive with anything I threw at her.  They will be missed.
Link Posted: 8/9/2023 7:02:16 PM EDT
[#3]
TK Outdoors in Spartanburg has a guy they recommend. Don't recall the name. Had some small stuff done and was happy with it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2023 10:22:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Found out today that Upstate Armory Group is closing for good, which is why they weren't taking your work for their gunsmith.

Definitely sad news.  Morgan was always super nice and incredibly responsive with anything I threw at her.  They will be missed.
View Quote

Dang. That stinks. They’ve been my go to for transfers. Glad my can finally got approved.
Link Posted: 8/9/2023 10:22:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
TK Outdoors in Spartanburg has a guy they recommend. Don't recall the name. Had some small stuff done and was happy with it.
View Quote

Thanks. I’ll give them a call.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 7:06:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Dang. That stinks. They’ve been my go to for transfers. Glad my can finally got approved.
View Quote

My can got approved in record time.  I'm guessing when UAG notified the BATFE about their closing, the entire backlog of their transfers were cleared at once.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 7:34:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

My can got approved in record time.  I'm guessing when UAG notified the BATFE about their closing, the entire backlog of their transfers were cleared at once.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was at 295 days. When I picked it up he said they had a ton approved at the same time.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 10:50:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Concept Arms in Anderson should be able to do it but they can be pricy.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 10:57:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Concept Arms in Anderson should be able to do it but they can be pricy.
View Quote

Spoke with them today and they asked me to bring it in to confirm, but they said they could do it.
Still seems cheaper than paying for shipping to send it out to someone else.
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 1:20:15 PM EDT
[#10]
thats stinks i just got my can fro them too, sad they are closing ( she did not say anything about it)
Top Top