Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2006 5:36:59 AM EDT
Has anyone ever took/completed the Baker College online classes? If so, did your employer recognize your degree? How was it? easy / hard?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:29:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes I finished my BBA in HRM online at Baker.  LOTs of writing and lots of papers.  Yes my employer recognized my degree, but why woull they not?  I am currently wworking on my Master's

Any questions about certain classes let me know
Joe
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:44:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm thinking about going for my MBA online. I know the program is IACBE accredited, same as LTU's MBA program. Can you take your time with the classes or do you have to finish each one within 6 weeks? Can you start courses whenever you want or are there only certain periods where you can enroll? Can you take some free time in between courses w/o requiring to re-enroll?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:37:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Q:Can you take your time with the classes or do you have to finish each one within 6 weeks?
A: The schedule is very fast and you have to finsh on time.  The weeks is Thursday to Wednesday.  MOst of the classes have assignments due on Saturday, Monday and Wednesday.  Also you have to particape in online discussions 5 of the 7 days.  In the classes you also have a paper due at the end of the class

Q:Can you start courses whenever you want or are there only certain periods where you can
enroll?
A:  The classes are on a fixed schedule.  There is a start and stop time.  It is not like video on demand.  My class this term started Jan 5th.  The next term starts Feb 16th

Q:Can you take some free time in between courses w/o requiring to re-enroll?
A: Yes you can

Sorry I took so long to answer, ask anything else that comes to mind
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:43:14 PM EDT
[#4]
No I have never took any classed online from Baker, however I do go to the Allen Park campus though.

Sorry I know thats a little off subject, but I thought I let you know.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:57:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Do you have to participate in the discussion? Is it like ARFCOM or is it a chat-type discussion?

How involved are the assignments and exams? Is it easy to earn an "A" or is it significantly more involved than a normal person-to-person class?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:58:17 AM EDT
[#6]
How hard is it to get accepted into Baker? I've heard a few people regard Baker as a diploma mill but they carry the same accreditation for the MBA program as Lawrence Tech.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:03:13 PM EDT
[#7]
How much is Bakers on line MBA program ( per credit Hour)?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:35:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
How much is Bakers on line MBA program ( per credit Hour)?

About $300. 50 credits required to graduate.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:05:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I had a friend that was going to Baker for business, in some sort of accelerated program. It seemed like she was writing a 12 page paper every 2 or 3 weeks. I know she was usually stressed out about it. Before you get into the program, you might want to check and see if their credits can transfer to other Universities. Have you thought about U of Phoenix? I have know quite a few people who went through there. They even have a campus in Livonia. I have heard if you took the classes at the Livonia campus, it was only 1 night a week for 4 hrs, and you didnt have to write as many papers as you did if you had to take it online...
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:12:08 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Have you thought about U of Phoenix? I have know quite a few people who went through there. They even have a campus in Livonia. I have heard if you took the classes at the Livonia campus, it was only 1 night a week for 4 hrs, and you didnt have to write as many papers as you did if you had to take it online...

I'm doing an online MBA through the U of Phoneix.  Most classes so far have had me doing a 1000-1500 word paper each week.  It takes some work, but is not that difficult.  There is also the online "classroom" discussion requirement, with various assignments during the week.  

I don't know how the physical classroom study works, as I'm doing mine all online.  I travel around too much with work to reliably make it to a physical class location.

I'm told the U of Phoenix has a higher cost per credit than several other schools.  There was a thread here (in the general discussion maybe?) a few months ago, where some other schools were listed.  

I can't speak for anyone else, buy my employer accepts degrees from this school.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:56:28 AM EDT
[#11]
I have had a little contact with Baker in an on campus setting. I was not very impressed, especially with their cost-per-credit hour. Two friends of mine who are in the nursing program at Baker, have reported that there is a low pass rate, especially in their classes,and that they have a hard time keeping instructors. I withdrew and went to Macomb Community college, and St. Clair Communtiy College on line, and I am doing well.Just my .02.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top