Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2011 4:23:25 AM EDT
Found out last night my dad's property got broken into over the weekend in the central TX area.  Several guns stolen along with two LCD TV's and a small Hobart welder.  Only info was neighbor saw a black/dark colored car pass by several times and seen leaving the property later in the day.  I believe the were there for a few hours and/or made more than one trip.  These guns should be fairly easy to spot as a few aren't all that common.  People who did this trashed the place and I wouldn't be surprised if they tried a return visit.  So let me know if you spot any of the guns listed below, thanks.

Pistols/handguns -
Uberti 1873 Cattleman - revolver in 45colt - s#J88781
Beretta PX4 Storm  - 40cal - s#PZ33580

Rifles/shotgun -
Uberti/Winchester 1866 Yellow Boy - lever action 45colt - s#W0990
Uberti 1873 - lever action 45colt - s#W06217
Henry carbine - lever action 44mag - S#BB21545
Henry carbine - lever action 22mag - s#GB050092M
Henry carbine - lever action in 30-30 - s#TT003027
Mossberg 500 - 410 shotgun - s#T406727
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 4:25:03 AM EDT
[#1]
sorry to hear about the burglary and trashed place the burglars left behind; did you and/or your father enter the serial numbers into NCIC?
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 4:53:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
sorry to hear about the burglary and trashed place the burglars left behind; did you and/or your father enter the serial numbers into NCIC?

My dad gave a list of full descriptions and serial #'s to the sherrif's department late last night.  I assume they will do that?
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 5:59:25 AM EDT
[#3]
So how can anyone know if they run across one without serial numbers. BTW the guns are as common as water in the ocean so serial numbers please.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 8:54:44 AM EDT
[#4]
All thieves should be hanged from the nearest tree!

I hope they catch these scumbags and your father gets his stuff back.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 9:52:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
All thieves should be hanged from the nearest tree!

I hope they catch these scumbags and your father gets his stuff back.

+1
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 2:00:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So how can anyone know if they run across one without serial numbers. BTW the guns are as common as water in the ocean so serial numbers please.

Didn't say they were rare guns, just said some were less common.  Some of those my dad had to have ordered for him by dealers as they aren't normally found at gun shows, etc.  Most of the Henry rifles you see around are 22's.  As for serial numbers, sorry I didn't have the standard protocal instructions in front of me for posting info on stolen guns.  I'll get right on it though and update the original post, thanks.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 2:46:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

My dad gave a list of full descriptions and serial #'s to the sherrif's department late last night.  I assume they will do that?

the Sheriff's Dept should have entered them into NCIC, but I would certainly not *assume* they did/will do so...
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:33:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Sorry to hear that man. Fucking thieves. If you gave the S.O. the proper info on each of the firearms they will be entered as stolen into the system.  I hope they are caught and your father gets his property back.  Good luck...
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 5:41:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't say they were rare guns, just said some were less common.  Some of those my dad had to have ordered for him by dealers as they aren't normally found at gun shows, etc.  Most of the Henry rifles you see around are 22's.  As for serial numbers, sorry I didn't have the standard protocal instructions in front of me for posting info on stolen guns.  I'll get right on it though and update the original post, thanks.

I asked simply because we have a gun show here in a week or two and since a show would be a great place to dump them I thought that while I was at the show I could look to see if they had popped up out here. Wouldnt be any trouble looking on my part as I'm always looking for my next lever action rifle or revolver. Sad to say I only have 2 lever action rifles. One in 22lr and one in 45LC.

My lever action wish list is

1. 44-40
2. 45-70
3. 44 mag
4. 357
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 2:36:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I asked simply because we have a gun show here in a week or two and since a show would be a great place to dump them I thought that while I was at the show I could look to see if they had popped up out here. Wouldnt be any trouble looking on my part as I'm always looking for my next lever action rifle or revolver. Sad to say I only have 2 lever action rifles. One in 22lr and one in 45LC.

My lever action wish list is

1. 44-40
2. 45-70
3. 44 mag
4. 357

My dad has, or I should say had, every caliber lever action rifle Henry offered.  He got into them as he had one years ago when he was younger.  I'm not too big into them although I admit I'd like to have a Winchester 94 trapper model in 30-30 someday.  Thanks for keeping an eye out, gun show would be a good place to look.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top