Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2003 11:22:45 AM EDT
Every year, I volunteer for the Bayville Fire Department's Haunted Fire House.  It has already started and is in full swing.  If anyone is interested in coming, I'm sure I can walk you to the inside of the building and save you about 45 minutes on the line.  

I've participated as a volunteer for the last 4 years and can honestly say that its one of the best places to bring a date.  Its absolutely scary and you're sure to want to come back again.  Kids can get really freaked out though, so keep that in mind. (8 and up should be ok.)  I'm pretty sure the admission is under $10 each, but it is well worth it.

They have candy, dessert and other munchies in there as well.  Here is the website and hopefully I'll see you there.  I usually work the line INSIDE the building as the completely blacked out ghost.  I'm in a black cape, black hood/face, black shoes, everything and I'm about 6'2" if you've never met me before.  If you see something in there and think its a person....it is!  Just tell the kids/women I'm fake so I can grab em!

Directions: If you know where Cold Spring Harbor is, its about 10 minutes away from there.  Take the Long island expressway to exit 41 north on to 106 north to oyster bay follow into oyster bay. Follow signs to the parking and free bus shuttle to the Firehouse.

Here's the website (Sorry its lame this year):
www.bfc1.org/main.htm

And Times:
www.bfc1.org/haunted.htm
Friday  October 17th Opening Night 7pm-11pm
Saturday October 18th   6pm-11pm
Sunday  October 19th   5pm-9pm

Friday  October 24th   7pm-11pm
Saturday October 25th   6pm-11pm
Sunday October 26th   5pm-9pm

Friday October 31th Halloween Night 7pm-11pm
Saturday November 1st  6pm-11pm
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 12:01:05 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Just tell the kids/women I'm fake so I can grab em!

Greg,
I dont know you well enough to say something like that!  I'm sure some of the older members here may know wether you're fake or not...

Bill
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 2:41:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I knew a guy named Tommy in the Bayville VFD.  He was in a really bad car accident with his Mustang.  He used to throw the best 4th of July parties.  God, I haven't seen him in a long time.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 8:46:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I will definitely bring the kids (2 girls) before the end of Oct. Will give you an IM so we synchronize.

Thanks for the warning about grabbing...I am leaving the wife home  
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 9:21:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Speaking of grabbing...I got groped by ATLEAST 20 women tonight.  Gotta love those randy house wives!
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 4:55:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Words can NOT explain how great this haunted house is!

Tonight was my first time to ever go through here and all I can say is amazing!  I hope that I didnt grope you on accident!  Although, there were a few girls in there that....Lets not commit ourseves here...
If any of you younger guys are dating and would like your girlfriend to get attached to your side, this is the place to go!
Any of you married types want to rekindle that attachment, this is the place to go!

Thanks for posting it here to remind me that I have been talking about going for years and never went.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that none of these people are professionals!  All volunteer.
Bill H.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 8:37:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Words can NOT explain how great this haunted house is!

Tonight was my first time to ever go through here and all I can say is amazing!  I hope that I didnt grope you on accident!  Although, there were a few girls in there that....Lets not commit ourseves here...
If any of you younger guys are dating and would like your girlfriend to get attached to your side, this is the place to go!
Any of you married types want to rekindle that attachment, this is the place to go!

Thanks for posting it here to remind me that I have been talking about going for years and never went.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that none of these people are professionals!  All volunteer.
Bill H.

Unfortunately, my brother needed a ride back up to West Point, so I couldn't volunteer tonight, but I'm glad you liked it!  I also just got your voice mail, sorry I couldn't have called you earlier.

And yes, everyone is a volunteer fire fighter or one of their kids.  This haunted house is definately a chick magnet!  Not in the typical sense though, more in the sense that they become a magnet as soon as you pass through the doors into the firehouse!  Its a blast to freak these girls out time after time!

Bill, now you have to take a big group of people through it next week.  Let me know what day and I'll make sure to be there.  If anyone is interested, let me know!  I can't get you in for free, but I can try to bump you to the front of the line.  (Although you miss out on the ambiance and the Rat Man outside!
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 1:36:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I forgot to mention that my 11 year old niece only made it through the first door and then would not go in any further.  
Although, I can not blame her, while waiting on line we heard part of what was going on in the first room and I jumped out of my skin when we got in there.

Bill H.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 3:21:43 PM EDT
[#8]
You gonna be there this weekend?
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 7:48:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Definately!  Its about the only thing I can do right is scare the shit out of people!  I usually try to go atleast one day, let me know which is best for you and I'll be there.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 9:51:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Definately!  Its about the only thing I can do right is scare the shit out of people!  I usually try to go atleast one day, let me know which is best for you and I'll be there.

I think I'm working in Bayville either Fri or Sat nite. I'm gonna find out in the AM.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 12:50:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I WILL BE WORKING AGAIN ON SATURDAY NIGHT FROM OPEN UNTIL CLOSE.  LOOK FOR ME WORKING THE LINES ONCE YOU ARE INSIDE THE BUILDING.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 9:33:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 11:04:57 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The haunted house was fun as hell! I totally bitched out and made my friend's girlfriend take point!

Dude, you were shrieking like a little girl!  Glad you liked it though!  What's with your friend's GF though?  
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 9:28:22 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The haunted house was fun as hell! I totally bitched out and made my friend's girlfriend take point!

Dude, I heard the screams from outside. Good thing you were wearing dark pants, but the wet spot on the stretcher gave you away.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 4:25:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 9:04:43 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dude, I heard the screams from outside.

Yo, that wasn't me...honest!

At least you didn't deny the wet spot.

I credit your honesty.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top