Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2003 7:06:16 PM EDT
Does anyone feel like coffee or breakfast before the show on Saturday???
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 7:21:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you talking about a colessium show this saturday? I heard a rumor there was one, but i hadn't looked into it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:17:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, that's the one.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 3:27:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not going to the show, but saw a post on AR discussions about a shoot at Marvin road. I'm a member there also and was planning to go down Thursday or Friday at 1200. Any of you guys planning to go?

I just mounted a Leupold on my Colt Hbar, and haven't had chance to shoot it yet past 25. I'll have a spotting scope if anyone needs to borrow one.

Anyway, let me know.

Mark
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:40:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I could do Friday at Lynnhaven outdoor, but it'll have to me more like 2 or 2:30.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 2:24:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Slacker, Ok, I'm not sure what the weather is going to be like. I guess we can get an update on that and get another message up tomorrow on it? Last I checked, it called for rain both days if it's light, I'll go anyway.

By the way, I just left the Armory and picked up an older ARMS #19. They have one more in there-95. I have a post on AR15/optics, mounts I was inquiring about it's age.

Mark
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:08:18 PM EDT
[#6]
So the show is definitly at the Hampton Colliseum?
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:53:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
So the show is definitly at the Hampton Colliseum?

Yes
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 12:16:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, it looks like the rain is going to pretty heavy on Friday. We'll have to get another day set up sometime.

Mark
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 5:05:53 PM EDT
[#9]
How about friday at Bobs?
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:41:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Bob's? No thanks... I can make headshots, thank you very much... ;)

We need to find a time and I can have you folks at the Pistol and Rifle club in Pungo. It is lots closer than the outdoor range on Marvin..

Breakfast or coffee sounds nice. I have to stop by the show and browse a bit. Probably also need to lend a hand to my boys who are working.

PM me or email if interested..

TR
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 4:41:27 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Bob's? No thanks... I can make headshots, thank you very much... ;)

We need to find a time and I can have you folks at the Pistol and Rifle club in Pungo. It is lots closer than the outdoor range on Marvin..

Breakfast or coffee sounds nice. I have to stop by the show and browse a bit. Probably also need to lend a hand to my boys who are working.

PM me or email if interested..

TR

Hey Rick,
 I'm up for a Pungo trip when it stops raining. Did you ever get that pistol caliber carbine (45?) running right? Mine now runs like a champ, but it took lots of tweaking.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 4:55:28 AM EDT
[#12]
I can't shoot on Friday but I'd love to meet you guys down in Pungo when this weather clears.  Isn't there a McDonalds around the Coliseum we could meet at for some coffee?
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:44:19 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I can't shoot on Friday but I'd love to meet you guys down in Pungo when this weather clears.  Isn't there a McDonalds around the Coliseum we could meet at for some coffee?

Mark,
It looks like myself, BVMJethead and Mark5pt56 are all heading to Pungo this afternoon. Its going to be really wet...I'm wearing gortex and waterproof boots. BVM and myself will be there around 1:30 or so.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 7:07:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Let's go SHOOTING!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 7:17:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Damn, I wish I could join you guys but I can't take off work because we have a release coming up.  I'll be there next time.  Have fun!
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 1:08:02 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm planning on going to the gunshow Saturday and shooting Sunday.  I need some 10mm ammo and some other odds and ends (and who knows what else).  

What time were you guys thinking about breakfast?  Anyone going to be around for lunch (I may not be off work early enough for b-fast)?

Ross
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 4:39:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Ross,

Yeah, lunch may work out better.  I'll look for you inside.

Marc
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 4:08:03 AM EDT
[#18]
I think lunch will work out much better after work last night.  With the three day weekend, it always screws us up.  It will either be busy as heck or a breeze, no in between.

I'll probably show up about 1030 or so.  I figure I'll be pretty darn hungry by 1230-1300.  

Anyone else think they can make it around that time for lunch?  

Ross
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 12:36:35 AM EDT
[#19]
So.....any good deals at the gunshow??
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:24:46 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
So.....any good deals at the gunshow??

I think there were.  I picked up a case of Wolf ammo for $99, some CLP and a couple of USGI mags for $15 a each.  They are 95% or better!  There seemed to be a lot more ARs there this time and I saw a lot being sold.  It was nice to see Quantico Arms down this far and as always Dark Sun was surrounded.  

Did anyone notice the lack of USGI mags???  Other than the ones I bought I did see hardly any...hummmmmm

I wish some of us ar15dotcomers could have met up for lunch or something but it didn't happen.  Maybe next time?!
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 7:37:02 AM EDT
[#21]
I got there pretty late.  I wound up working later than I wished.  Anyway, I picked up a couple mags for my 10mm Delta Elite, some gun parts, and a 9mm Govt Model (and then some mags for it).

I wasn't planning on buying a gun, but I wanted an inexpensive Govt Model for a project gun, and this fit the bill at $275.  It's an Auto Ordnace, and 9mm (which helped with the price).  Not exactly a Kimber, but a decent gun in perfect shape.  At least it will be far cheaper to shoot than the 10mm or even the .45.

Now this afternoon I need to try it out.

Ross

Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:34:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Sorry I missed everyone there, I got there around 1000 or so and left by 1200. Dark Sun was totally sorounded so I never even got a peek at the stuff. Quantico Arms had some good stuff and a great price on XD 40's. Outside of that I managed to not buy anything! Woo Hoo! Ross, good to meet you @ the range Sunday.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:37:11 AM EDT
[#23]
I did not make it this time. I was pretty disapointed with the show back in Feb.

I did alot of sleeping this weekend. Being a landscaper for a living with all the rain we've been having I need to get the rest cuz when it stops raining I'm going to be very busy. Have to catch up!
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 10:07:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Scott, I saw your post for the .45 upper, you can't stand it, can you!!

Mark
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 12:28:14 PM EDT
[#25]
No I can't. Shooting Slackers at the range the other day was the bomb.

I'm thinking of waiting to see if RRA comes out with a .45 upper, if not soon I'll buy a used one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top