Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2004 1:34:59 PM EDT
Ok guys, I've gots spiders around the house, lots of spiders. At 1st it was cool because they were keeping the mosquitos as a minimum, but now its at the point that as soon as you go outside you're gonna run into a web; Out the front door, on the deck, off the porch. The fuckers are everywhere it seems.

So what do you guys use to keep the spider population down to a few simple bug-killers? Here is one that is sitting above our front door (Almost looks like a Brown Recluse):

My wife is convinced that its just waiting for "the right moment to attack!"
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 1:57:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 2:07:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I would move!!!
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 2:10:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I just use Rubbing Alcohol in a spray bottle...doesn't kill all of them but it moves them away from the doors etc.  The real issue is to get rid of whatever they are feeding on too.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 2:16:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I just use Rubbing Alcohol in a spray bottle...doesn't kill all of them but it moves them away from the doors etc.  The real issue is to get rid of whatever they are feeding on too.

Well here is what the hellspawns caught last night:

I'm gonna give the Rubbing-Alcohol-in-a-spray-bottle solution a try... I should probably put on MOP gear for when they start jumping on me
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:20:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Here is one that is sitting above our front door (Almost looks like a Brown Recluse):

Looks like a harmless Wolf spider.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:53:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:54:18 PM EDT
[#7]
We've been having a problem with them here at the beach.  Our 8th month old was bitten a week ago on the foot...I've had Terminix out here every day since then
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:10:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Home-made flame thrower:

Wife's hairspray + lighter= no more spidey.

Make sure you have a fire extinguisher on hand!

Or try brake fluid....
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:35:19 PM EDT
[#9]
been having a spider infestation in our bedroom. I need to caulk the windows but was also thinking about getting one of those ultrasonic things that drive pests away to see if it works. Kinda creepy looking up and seeing them right above the bed. bastards
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:57:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
been having a spider infestation in our bedroom. I need to caulk the windows but was also thinking about getting one of those ultrasonic things that drive pests away to see if it works. Kinda creepy looking up and seeing them right above the bed. bastards

Save your money since they are not worth it and we have tried every brand, style and contraption between.

I have found the Sams club all purpose cleaner does the nasty on any insect and is tree hugger approved.

Looks like simple green when mixed and smells like it as well, does knock em dead.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:07:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Save your money since they are not worth it and we have tried every brand, style and contraption between.

I have found the Sams club all purpose cleaner does the nasty on any insect and is tree hugger approved.

Looks like simple green when mixed and smells like it as well, does knock em dead.

Will do! So we have:

- Rubbing Alcohol
- Brake Fluid
- Sam's Club All Purpose Killer-ahem, cleaner

I will give after-action reports following some recon and engagement.
(With Pics I Hope)
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:41:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Wish I had a cam so I could show the slow death of the Arachnid under fire from the spray; I found out by accident and was amazed by the results.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:59:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Wish I had a cam so I could show the slow death of the Arachnid under fire from the spray; I found out by accident and was amazed by the results.

spider killer
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:07:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

spider killer

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:14:33 PM EDT
[#15]
I can tell you from experience that the alchohol in a spray bottle + lighter trick works wonders.  It also doesn't leave nasty marks on surfaces.  We used to use them in a restaurant that I worked in as a teenager to kill the cockroaches in the kitchen.  We had fun, but I'm sure our customers wouldn't have been amused to know of all the things we were "cooking" in the kitchen.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:04:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Nuke them from orbit, its the only way to be sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top