Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2005 4:26:04 AM EDT
Hey AZ guys, and girls. Is there any army surplus stores around? I live right on the 60, and Mill Ave. It could be anywhere around Phoenix, Tempe, Chandler, or Mesa. I don't mind the drive.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:35:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Try Larada's.  It's one of the bigger ones.  

www.laradas.com/

It's on Main and Extension (Extension is between Alma School and Country Club).
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:43:06 AM EDT
[#2]
There's a great one in Tucson at 6th and 7th.

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 8:17:26 AM EDT
[#3]
+1 on Laradas. They got more shit than the Army.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 8:27:53 AM EDT
[#4]
What are you looking for?  For the most part, Larada's has a whole bunch of china charlie crap.  MREs are overpriced.  Camelback gear is overpriced.  All the gear is import shit or ALICE stuff.  Backpacks are import shit except for ALICE.  Decent selection and prices and ammocans.

Overall, larada's is a useless store.  Unless youre an angry young kid who like to dress like a vampire or something to that effect.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:03:38 PM EDT
[#5]

(SNIP)Unless youre an angry young kid who like to dress like a vampire or something to that effect.

Thats funny!
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:06:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What are you looking for?  For the most part, Larada's has a whole bunch of china charlie crap.  MREs are overpriced.  Camelback gear is overpriced.  All the gear is import shit or ALICE stuff.  Backpacks are import shit except for ALICE.  Decent selection and prices and ammocans.

Overall, larada's is a useless store.  Unless youre an angry young kid who like to dress like a vampire or something to that effect.

+1 That store is useless and overpriced on everything. I found the ammocan expensive as well.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:54:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Overall, larada's is a useless store.

+1!

Useless as tits on a boar!  I'll go there to pic up expensive main entres for a camping trip, but most of their shit is junk.  BDUs are factory seconds.  And the fuck heads are closed on Mormon sunday too!
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:27:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:08:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Allied Surplus at Dunlap and 43rd AVENUE in Glendale is not bad.  I little light on gear, but plenty of new/used BDUs.

What are you looking for?
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 7:12:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Overall, larada's is a useless store.

+1!

Useless as tits on a boar!  I'll go there to pic up expensive main entres for a camping trip, but most of their shit is junk.  BDUs are factory seconds.  And the fuck heads are closed on Mormon sunday too!

Quoted:
I used to go there all the time for years.

Gradually, starting about the time of GW v.1.0, they began stocking more junk, and employing more splits who didn't know a boot blouser from a 550 cord.

I dont know if it's some LDS-owned family business (not that there's anything wrong with that) or what, but you'd think after 10 years doing the same thing, some of these women would have a CLUE as to what they carry in their own store.

D.
AZEX

Bwahahahaha! We're taking over the world!!! (Although I agree we should lose the crap merchandise.)

[thread hijack]ETA: D. get's 10 extra points for using the correct terminology.

"Hey, aren't you a Mormon?"

"No, I'm LDS."

One of my favorite comebacks. [/thread hijack]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top