Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2008 2:51:06 PM EDT
We are taking a quick trip next week to Dallas (Medievel Times) and then over to the Fort Worth Zoo the next morning.  It's on to Grandview after that.  

I figure Arlington would be a good place to spend the night since it's a 1/2 way point.  We will be traveling I30.   Anyone suggest a decent hotel?  Nothing fancy but no roaches or hourly rates either.    2 kids so we need a pool.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 2:52:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Anything around the Ballpark and Six Flags should be decent.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:10:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone know any Medieval Times coupon codes?   I've googled it and some advertise to be anywhere from $7 to 25% off but when I enter the code, it only gives me $2.50 off each ticket.  That's fine, I've been there before and it's a hell of a show but last time I went, I think it was like $40 for me and way less than that for my daughter and now it's $53 for me and I have added a wife and another kiddo.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:16:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I just checked out of the Homestead Suits on HWY 360.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:01:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Gotta be careful there. Alot of break ins and hotels service pretty much sucks here. There are some on 360 that look good but very poor quality..baymont for example..The one right by the convention ctr is nice but also $$ but I am cheap. When my daughter comes to town we stay in ft worth for the shows. I have actually had a better stay at the la Quinta in GP. Looks like a freekin dump but clean and not a bad breakfast and a dennys nexy door..Also, go farther North on 360 past the first ones by I 30, get nicer and closer to the airport so more upscale.The tax base for the jerry Jones /Robert Cluck monument,aka cowboy stadium no I am NOT a cowboy fan, to themselves has had an impact on taxes as well. I have not tried the new ones on 20 near 360 or Collins. The ones at Cooper and 20 stay away from, alot of hourly rate it seems like, I have been staying at the ones past downtown on 30 in Ft worth and have had no problems. i guess it depends on how much you want to spend and what you want to do or go..
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:22:34 AM EDT
[#5]
It's not that far from Dallas to Ft Worth. I'd highly suggest the Marriott Suites on University 1 block south of I-30. Nice place, reasonable rates, only 2 blocks from the Zoo. Several good eatin' places within a block.

By the time you cruise around Arlington to find a decent place you could be at the Marriott Suites. It's only about 15 miinutes further, and you're at the zoo.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:46:04 PM EDT
[#6]
If you don't know the area you can mess up staying at 30 near Six Flags in Arlington.  The police really try to run off the hookers, but...  Stay in Fort Worth by the zoo.  It is lovely there.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:14:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It's not that far from Dallas to Ft Worth. I'd highly suggest the Marriott Suites on University 1 block south of I-30. Nice place, reasonable rates, only 2 blocks from the Zoo. Several good eatin' places within a block.

By the time you cruise around Arlington to find a decent place you could be at the Marriott Suites. It's only about 15 miinutes further, and you're at the zoo.

That sounds like we have a winner!   I should have added that I'm not stuck on Arlington, I just noticed on the map it was a 1/2 way point but it makes no difference to me.  

Thanks!

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:49:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Dont' go north of 30 if your in that area.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:24:21 AM EDT
[#9]
A friend of mine is Arlington Vice. He told me that almost all the Alrington Hotels are rampant with hookers, drugs or room thefts.

Stay at any of the hotels in Ft. Worth - I suggest anything near SWundance Square - lots of good food and entertainment for the "family".
Medieval Times is only a 30 minute drive on the weekends from Ft. Worth on 183
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:16:00 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
A friend of mine is Arlington Vice. He told me that almost all the Alrington Hotels are rampant with hookers, drugs or room thefts.

Stay at any of the hotels in Ft. Worth - I suggest anything near SWundance Square - lots of good food and entertainment for the "family".
Medieval Times is only a 30 minute drive on the weekends from Ft. Worth on 183

Oh he must be mistaken. According to the Chief and the Mayor, " Arlington does not have a crime problem or a problem with gangs "" Pleeese..J Gilligans put up signs to remove valuables from cars because they were getting hit in broad daylight in the parking lot and they also put a person on top of the building with water and an umbrella to watch the parking lot.  If you go north of 30 closer to the airport there are some nice ones but i agree the ones off of 30 by 6 flags are full as are the ones near cooper and 20. The no-tell motels on division should furnish HEPA suits to walk in..Thanks Jerry for more problems than we have already and Thanks to the chief and mayor for making themselves and their churches and friends richer...
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 12:59:28 PM EDT
[#11]
somone has told me that the Cattle Barrons Quality in on Cherry is nice and gets really good reviews for a very good price.  Anyone familiar with it?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 1:09:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
somone has told me that the Cattle Barrons Quality in on Cherry is nice and gets really good reviews for a very good price.  Anyone familiar with it?

Stayed there 2 weeks ago..No complaints and internet in rooms..breakfast was okay and free.Right off of freeway, no real noise problem
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top