Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2005 6:39:36 AM EDT
Thanks to MForo the schedule is posted www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=9&t=219008

So, any interest in meeting and getting lunch?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:24:48 AM EDT
[#1]
What time you planning on leaving for the show Greg? I have to work that on Saturday, but want to hit the show for a few hours early Saturday. Depending on when the lunch meeting takes place, I may be able to pull it off and carpool with ya.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:20:19 AM EDT
[#2]
In the past we've met around noon at the main entrance
I'll be glad to carpool
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:17:21 PM EDT
[#3]
i'll be there at some point, but i'm not sure if it will be saturday or sunday.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:52:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Good chance I'll be there on Saturday. I'll check with Ed.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:47:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I would sure like to attend, but Saturdays are 8 hours of straight overtime which = $$$.00
If for some reasion we don't work, I'll be there.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:12:56 PM EDT
[#6]
What is the legal way to do a walk around sale
Getting different stories.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:25:55 PM EDT
[#7]
While your at it if anyone would like to explain why we can't bring children I'd appreciate it ... my wife was coming with me but being we have a 6 week old daughetr we obviously can't leave her home. Is that post by mforo serious can we really not bring kids? ... I've been there every year for like 10 and I have seen plenty of kids before. Did something change ?  GOD I HATE NY sometimes
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:14:14 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

All transfers including private sales between unlicensed persons at NY gun shows (including parking lots etc.) require a NICS check and must be transferred through a FFL at the show.

What different stories are you getting?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:30:11 AM EDT
[#9]
There is an age limitation on who can enter the show.  I would guess that they just don't want lots of young kids running loose in a gun rich evironment.  I bet the insurance company imposes the limit more than the state.  Lots of dangerous things at floor level just begging a kid to pick it up.  Besides it's just not a place for small children.  They will get bored a lot earlier than you will.  

Last years lunch at Tully's was a pretty good affair.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:23:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

All transfers including private sales between unlicensed persons at NY gun shows (including parking lots etc.) require a NICS check and must be transferred through a FFL at the show.

What different stories are you getting?

Some said what you did

Others said like the "old days" trade cash for rifle and walk away
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:57:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Hi All Im glad To see My post made it here - as for the kids age Im not really sure of the answer all i know is the past 4 yrs i have been going to the roch show it has been like that. Now as of the gun sales by law if you go threw a dealer u have to have a NCIC background check but there is a fee that they pay yearly to do so and I know for one if I was selling a gun and someone walked up too me and ask to buy it I know I dont have the money to do a NCIC check and would sugguest going off grounds and doing a FTF - thats no different then like getting a gun threw the swap sheet. You dont need to do a NCIC for that . This is strictly my opion

I plan on being at the show on sun do to other events on sat    
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:39:37 PM EDT
[#12]
count me in if all is well
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:50:53 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Hi All Im glad To see My post made it here - as for the kids age Im not really sure of the answer all i know is the past 4 yrs i have been going to the roch show it has been like that. Now as of the gun sales by law if you go threw a dealer u have to have a NCIC background check but there is a fee that they pay yearly to do so and I know for one if I was selling a gun and someone walked up too me and ask to buy it I know I dont have the money to do a NCIC check and would sugguest going off grounds and doing a FTF - thats no different then like getting a gun threw the swap sheet. You dont need to do a NCIC for that . This is strictly my opion

Unfortunately what you are proposing is illegal and could possibly end up in your arrest, loss of your job,  pistol license, all your rifles/shotguns, tens of thousands of dollars in legal fees and most importantly your liberty. For a $25 transfer fee that the buyer will pay it makes no sense to put your self at risk. Many of the shows have NYSP BCI investigators working them and now with Patakis' program to use a NYSP task force to crack down on  "illegal gun sales"  I would expect them to be out in force at gun shows and there is always the possibility of a sting operation. As always YMMV.

General Business Law

Article 39-DD - SALE OF FIREARMS, RIFLES OR SHOTGUNS AT GUN SHOWS

§  897.  Sale  of  a  firearm,  rifle  or  shotgun at a gun show. 1. A
 national instant criminal background check shall  be  conducted  and  no
 person shall sell or transfer a firearm, rifle or shotgun at a gun show,
 except in accordance with the provisions of 18 U.S.C. 922(t).
   2. No person shall offer or agree to sell or transfer a firearm, rifle
 or  shotgun to another person at a gun show and transfer or deliver such
 firearm, rifle or shotgun to such person or person acting on his or  her
 behalf  thereafter at a location other than the gun show for the purpose
 of evading or avoiding compliance with 18 U.S.C. 922(t).
   3. Any person who knowingly violates any of  the  provisions  of  this
 section  shall be guilty of a class A misdemeanor punishable as provided
 for in the penal law.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:13:04 AM EDT
[#14]
2. No person shall offer or agree to sell or transfer a firearm, rifle
or shotgun to another person at a gun show and transfer or deliver such
firearm, rifle or shotgun to such person or person acting on his or her
behalf thereafter at a location other than the gun show for the purpose
of evading or avoiding compliance with 18 U.S.C. 922(t).

Nothing like an overbearing government riding your back.

Ed is out for the show. Too much SEBR work.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:13:24 AM EDT
[#15]
In regards to the kids thing ...I talked to a buddy of mine that gets a table at the show every year and he told me I didn't know what I was talking about and that it had been that way for years ... I must have been thinking of the Sportsman shows here aevery year ... my apologies for muddying the post        John
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:35:12 AM EDT
[#16]
www.recordonline.com/archive/2005/05/18/gunshow1.htm

Two men nabbed outside gun show; cops say vendors tried to dodge law

By Christian M. Wade
  Times Herald-Record
  [email protected]

Town of Wallkill – At least three times a year, rifle and handgun vendors from across the country converge on the Orange County Fairgrounds to sell their wares.
  But state police say the event – the Middletown Great Gun and Knife Show – has become an open market for unscrupulous sellers who hawk weapons in the parking lot without conducting background checks on the buyers, a violation of federal law.
  Over the weekend, two men were arrested by state police in separate incidents after they attempted to sell weapons to patrons of the gun show, police said. The deals were made inside the gun show, but the sales were made across the street in the parking lot.
  The men weren't registered vendors in the gun show, state police said.
  Daniel Solomon, 40, of Glen Cove, was arrested and charged with the sale of a firearm at a gun show, a misdemeanor. He was given an appearance ticket for Town of Wallkill Court.
  State police said a security guard at the fairgrounds overheard Solomon talking with a man about selling a .45-caliber semiautomatic rifle for $400 in the parking lot.
  When a state trooper rolled up on the two men making the deal, the vendor allegedly shoved the gun under a tarp on the back of his pickup truck and then crumpled up a handwritten receipt for the sale of the gun, tossing it away.
  The following day, a 39-year-old Port Jervis man was arrested by state police after security guards caught him selling a 12-gauge shotgun to a patron in the parking lot, police said.
  Frank Crover was charged with the sale of a firearm at a gun show and issued an appearance ticket for Town of Wallkill Court, state police said.
  The charges stem from a federal law requiring vendors at gun shows to conduct background checks. The possession of the weapons was legal, but the sale was not.
  "These were private gun owners who were making what would normally be a legitimate transaction, the sale of a legal firearm between two people," said Sgt. David Scott, of the state police barracks in the Town of Wallkill. "But when you enter into a gun show and make the deal there, unfortunately you're bound by a different law."
  State police have been increasing their presence at the gun show in recent years, adding uniformed troopers and undercover cops to patrol the fairgrounds, Scott said.
  The management of the gun show is doing a good job spotting sales that violate the background check law, he said. In both instances when the arrests were made, security guards employed by the gun show alerted police to the sales.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top