Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2014 4:07:50 PM EDT
http://www.idahostatesman.com/2014/09/15/3377298_are-idahoans-the-rudest-drivers.html?sp=/99/1687/&rh=1

Idaho drivers irritate me. They really do drive too slow, and they like to "hover" and block several lanes of traffic.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 7:47:43 PM EDT
[#1]
The people driving slow are 75+.

I don't flip the bird but I will let you know with the horn.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 2:58:57 PM EDT
[#2]
people were only rude when I had California plates on my vehicles.  Otherwise I didn't think it was too bad.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 5:32:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Idahoans have the tendency to block all lanes of traffic because they all think every other vehicle on the road is driven by a dirty Californian.  Driving slow by itself isn't rude.  But when you drive slow, then speed up to prevent people from passing you, that is rude.  And it leads to tailgating, which is also considered rude.  Other states would have slower drivers pulling off the road to let traffic go past, not so here.  Here there are no laws enforced keeping slower traffic right.  And the states propaganda machine is aimed at the mythical "aggressive driver," which is a driver who knows where the hell he is going and has a desire to get there before he dies, not at the douchebags causing the irritation in the first place.

I'd agree that Idaho seems to be overrepresented in the slow assed, inconsiderate driver category.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:37:57 PM EDT
[#4]
If ya don't like how I drive..... Stay off the sidewalk...  

I hate the tailgaters that drive like its rush hour on the 101 in Cali. You ride my ass, I will go
out of my way to slow you down.

And if its snowing, that doesn't mean 35 mph on the highway. Can always see the newbies
the first good snow.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:02:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I hate the tailgaters that drive like its rush hour on the 101 in Cali. You ride my ass, I will go

View Quote

Stay out of the left lane old man....
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 7:28:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

If you're going out of your way to slow others down and play self-appointed referee, you're part of the problem.
Maybe, I know it's a stretch, but maybe they just want to go faster than you.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 8:21:43 AM EDT
[#7]
They must have only researched Canyon county.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:19:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This.

If you're going out of your way to slow others down and play self-appointed referee, you're part of the problem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

I didn't mean it like that, should have worded  it better.  On the highway I am on each day, I am not a slow poke
that is causing issues. With the traffic in the rh lane being a bit slower I do favor the fast lane. When it is not
possible to move over for those going over 75mph and they insist on riding my ass, that's what pisses me off.
If I slowed them up a bit, too bad.

I am not that old  

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:39:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I think people here take pride in actions they dont fully understand.

And why the hell does every car with a 2C plate on it have a tail light out? Never fails, if a car has 2 or all brake lights not working, its always a 2C plate.

State sure gets nice the further from Canyon and Ada county you get.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:39:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:59:19 AM EDT
[#11]
I hate the classic mormon road block maneuver that is so common around here. People drive the exact same speed in the left lane as the person next to them in the right lane, blocking the whole damn road.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:16:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Listen bub, don't go around telling people that Idaho is more than just 1A and 2C. you're going to fuck it up for the rest of us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And why the hell does every car with a 2C plate on it have a tail light out? Never fails, if a car has 2 or all brake lights not working, its always a 2C plate.

Listen bub, don't go around telling people that Idaho is more than just 1A and 2C. you're going to fuck it up for the rest of us.

everyone already knows 1J are the worst
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 2:43:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"K", "S", and "9B" are full, as is everything north of "1L".  Best look elsewhere.  I  hear the Seattle area is nice. Much more considerate drivers there.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 6:32:21 PM EDT
[#14]
7B

I just walk or ride my bike mostly.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:11:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Looking forward to vising the 7B area next Spring.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:24:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:34:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Yeah, but 1J drivers are even known to be the worst drivers in the Bay Area.  (that'd be California)  (I'm 8B)
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 6:14:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Gimme a shout, I live like a quarter mile from the range, or another few miles past that and you can shoot all you want inna woods. Fishing is awesome too.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 7:43:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Psh everyone knows "E" is where its at!
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:44:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Gimme a shout, I live like a quarter mile from the range, or another few miles past that and you can shoot all you want inna woods. Fishing is awesome too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll bring the Shiner!
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:21:40 AM EDT
[#21]
LOL at the apparent cultural segments of Idaho. Gotta love this state.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:07:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I'll bring the Shiner!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll bring the Shiner!

OH HELLS YEAH! Shoot, haven't had a Shiner in over a year, i'll bring ammo and have Mrs. Dragynn make you a sammich too!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:10:22 AM EDT
[#23]
I guess we are rude, but I hate California drivers.  I usually like to smoke out California plates with my f250.  Call it immature or whatever you want I just call it a nice idaho welcome gesture telling them they aren't in california anymore.  Oh that and I hate when people don't lower their brights, that's why I carry my 1100 lumen streamlight with me.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:36:14 PM EDT
[#24]
I love how all the transplants bitch and moan. Idaho is a shell of what it was thanks to all you enlightened ones. locusts.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:56:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I love how all the transplants bitch and moan. Idaho is a shell of what it was thanks to all you enlightened ones. locusts.
View Quote

Using post #1911 to tell us how much better than others you are.  So much irony.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:01:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

So you can trace your evolution all the way back to the area now known as Idaho? Impressive.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:41:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:37:05 PM EDT
[#28]
In other news, Idahoans cant pick up on sarcasm.

Lighten up Francis.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 2:54:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:26:26 PM EDT
[#30]
"K" drivers aren't too bad.

I think most of the bitching comes from the fact that people who visit are used to everyone driving like an ass and speeding so when we Idahoans drive normal and aren't concerned with driving crazy they think we are rude.

Notice that many of the states with "bad drivers" on that list were low pop states. That means all the high pop states ganged up on us for not driving like city freaks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top