Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 2:52:09 PM EDT
I have ONE guest slot left. We're meeting at the mall in Kennesaw at 8 a.m. Pistol range with metal silhouettes and a 100yd rifle range. Shottie range too, though I don't know about the launcher.

If you can and want to go with us IM me.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:33:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I am in cherokee co. and actively looking for a range to apply to as a member.I know about River Bend Gun Club but cant swing that kind of cash.

Will the Pickens Co. Club take my application and process it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:12:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:24:04 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I am in cherokee co. and actively looking for a range to apply to as a member.I know about River Bend Gun Club but cant swing that kind of cash.

I just asked Pickens Co. Gun Club about membership & they said they were not accepting any more new members until next year.

I'm member of River Bend, but most of my shooting buddies are members at Pickens or South River.  I never found River Bend to be too friendly to 'black rifle' shooters unless you're into highpower.  In their Action Pistol bays, you can no longer draw from a holster.  On the plinking range, you have to shoot at paper targets or a 6" plate rack.  Rifle ranges, it's one round every 6 seconds.  Magnum ammo is only allowed on the last two positions of the bulleye range (exception for scoped hunting pistol -can fire on rifle ranges), etc

A few years ago, the range manager actual said this about my AR-15 (before I had fired anything that day), “Make sure you don’t shoot that gun fast because that gun was designed to kill & this is a sportsman club.”
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:12:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

There is a waiting list right now. I think Feb. is the year cutoff but I could be wrong. I would still apply and get on the list if you want to join. First come first serve.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:24:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
A few years ago, the range manager actual said this about my AR-15 (before I had fired anything that day), “Make sure you don’t shoot that gun fast because that gun was designed to kill & this is a sportsman club.”

Sometimes we are our own worst enemies...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top