Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2010 1:43:53 PM EDT
Its nice enough out i plan on goin out next week tue-fri one of them days and doin some long range shootin. Gonna bring out the .50 cal  Barrett 82A1, 99 and AR10 to try my luck. Have a range (Hay field) thats 990 yrds long, just over half mile i try my luck out at every yr about this time. If anyones up for it give me a shout, goin alone can be a bit borin, can always find a person to go, but a true gun nut makes a better shootin partner then a deer hunter only type person.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:01:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn, Wayne.  Sounds like a great time.  I already have plans.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:06:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Where is this going down at?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:23:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Bland mo.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:26:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Bland mo.

Darn too far for me next week
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:36:32 PM EDT
[#5]
What day?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:48:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Get a date set and I might show up. You going to have intermediate ranges set up? I wouldn't mind shootin the ole FAL out to 600 or so.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:34:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Dang, DANG, DANG!!!!!

I had a little medical problem a few months ago. Had to eat up my spare vacation days. Promised the wife we were going to get away for a few days 1st of Oct. We had to trim off a few days, but we are still going.

Please, please do this again next year and I will bring along my 50 and I have a remote camera system that I think will work out to 1K yrds so we can get real time feedback. I know that it works at 600 yrds with no problem.

Thanks for the offer.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:36:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Dang, DANG, DANG!!!!!

I had a little medical problem a few months ago. Had to eat up my spare vacation days. Promised the wife we were going to get away for a few days 1st of Oct. We had to trim off a few days, but we are still going.

Please, please do this again next year and I will bring along my 50 and I have a remote camera system that I think will work out to 1K yrds so we can get real time feedback. I know that it works at 600 yrds with no problem.

Thanks for the offer.

Remote cam?!  That sounds awesome.  I need to mapquest this to see where it's at.  Man that'd be a blast and I could bring my sps-tac in .308
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:56:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Remote Camera,

Rather simple, consist of a ethernet  PTZ camera going into a ethernet to wifi module. Then a wifi AP going into a laptop. I have a gelcel in a ammo can with a voltage regulator for the camera (12VDC) and the wifi needs either 5 or 9 VDC. But I will need to come up with a means to provide 120VAC for the laptop and the AP. Either a gas powder generator or a 12VDC to 120VAC inverter. At the BRRC club I just plug into an outlet at the firing line for the laptop / AP.
At the camera end I have a yagi beam antenna to insure I have enough signal at both ends.

A captured image a few years ago. Ok, I am not a sniper. But then too, had a SIL shooting 4 rounds and one hole from earlier shooting. I think that the 3 pairs where me tweeking in the scope.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:58:30 PM EDT
[#10]
As for a day, i dont care when, maybe set it up later this week to get a look at the forecast to see which days weather looks best. I dont care when we do it, all i know is im goin out atleast one day next week. Im 1hr 30 mins west St Louis or 40 mins east from Jeff city
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:30:25 PM EDT
[#11]
If you do it the morning of Friday the 17th.  I will ask off work.  I have to be back in St Charles at 3:00pm.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:14:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I would be down for thursday. I have some tannerite I could bring to mark your shots at the longer ranges.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:31:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Dont matter which day, so long the weathers decent. As for targets i will have 2 shilloutes of 1/2" steel, probably have one at 990 yrds and one at 800, i will have some other targets (Have tons of bowling pins) im sure for closer range as i will be bringing the MP5K-PDW, MP5, HK51, HK53, M16 and others as well.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:57:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Hey Wayne, I might be game ... I'd like to try the 300WSM at long range but would need to do intermediate first.  What will we have to shoot at for shorter distances?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:43:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Man man....set up a bonfire for some brats and a cooler full of sody and you've got yourself a heckuva day right there!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:01:03 AM EDT
[#16]
If you can do it a week from Tuesday, I'd be up for it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:11:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Hey Wayne, You still looking to shoot 1000yds. It sounds awesome. I have a 308 savage I would love to try. Let me know if you have a date set. Cash Bliss
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:57:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Well....I'm off this Friday if anyone is going shooting.  If I don't get a better offer, I'm just going to Logan in the morning....
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:36:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Got up this morning and it was nice out so i went today. Wind wasnt bad at all but the dragon flies were out in full force, thousands of them, they are out now all over in the feilds here at the house also. I found out they dont like the muzzle blast from the Barret 82A1 or 99 .50 cals. Seems to clear them out for a while. Seen it was supposed to rain all week so if i was gonna do it seemed it had to be done today. I will be goin out to the range a bit now that the weather is nicer, Im always up for goin out so long the weathers nice.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:14:58 PM EDT
[#20]
I would love to try out a bit of 1k yd shooting but there is no way I could make it.
Hmmm, I think I will run the ballistics of the shot just for the hell of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top