Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2003 1:16:35 AM EDT
I have a young friend (age 15) who I introduced to shooting. He is interested in learning about blackpowder shooting. Anyone have any suggestions as to how I can help him develope his interest- (local Maryland events, relavent web sites, etc.)? I personally don't know much about this kind of shooting. Thanks for any advice.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 9:25:20 AM EDT
[#1]
BIG blackpowder following at the Patapsco Ranges in Marriotsville. (www.associatedgunclubs.org).

One of the clubs at the range is specifically a 'black powder club'.  They hold many different types of shoots and the public can attend & participate in several of them.  They have both Black Powder and Black Powder Cartridge events, all in all its a good place to learn.

Clubs he would be interested in:
-Gwynn Falls/Marriottsville Muzzle Loaders (MML), Inc. (they have informal quarterly shoots with training for new shooters).

-Tidewater Muzzle Loaders, Inc.

Both of these clubs have contact information at the link I supplied above.

MML has a public event comming up on the 12th of January and another on the 19th of Jan.  Plenty of others comming up later in the year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top