Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2006 6:10:43 AM EDT
Got word that there is a MG shoot at the Chattanooga Gun Club saturday morning. Anyone going?

EDIT: IT LOOKS TO BE ON SUNDAY - NOT SATURDAY.

NOT SURE IF IT IS AT 9AM OR 10AM - WILL ADVISE
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:34:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Details?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:41:46 AM EDT
[#2]
http://chatrifleclub.org/competition.html

According to their site it's listed for 1/22 @ 0900.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:42:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Nope.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:45:52 AM EDT
[#4]
This is all I got......check out the schedule section - shows to start @ 9 am on the site....... you may want to call if you want to attend. (I was told it starts at 10?????)

http://chatrifleclub.org/
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:48:58 AM EDT
[#5]

S.M.G. Competition

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sub-Machine Gun competition is somewhat akin to the IPSC Practical Pistol competition in nature - targets are varied and set out in a manner that simulates real-life situations.   The equipment used is limited to SMG's of pistol calibre only, such as the .45 Thompson and the $10 special used by British forces in WWII - the 9mm Sten gun.

This activity is now operational again but all participants should be aware of the new restrictions as to when and where Sub-guns may be used at the Club facilities.    Only members that have successfully completed the Machine Gun class, and have received their Machine Gun Badge, are allowed to shoot fully automatic weapons without the presence of a Range Officer.     Check with Chuck Cheshire for full details . . . he can be reached at 423-209-5161.

All matches are on a Sunday and start at 9:00 am  . . . the dates for 2005 are:

Jan 23      Mar 27      May 29      Jul 24      Oct 30  

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:17:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I called and left a msg.... will update as soon as I know something.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:54:43 AM EDT
[#7]
IT IS ON SUNDAY.

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:08:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Anybody else seriously thinking about heading up there?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:27:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Talked to the RO - he said be waiting at the gate at 9:30-9:45 and you will be let in. The gate stays closed and only members have access, just drive in with a member.

Entry fee is $5 for every gun you want to shoot in the match. From what I understand this is a really nice range (but I have been worng before ) Sub guns only - nothing larger than a 45 - no rifle callibers.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:43:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:10:00 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Match?  No thanks.  

Machinegun shoot where I don't have to wait my turn?  Where do I sign up?

I am just going for the after party

If ya want to be a baby about it I am sure they would let you go first

From what I understand all of the fun is after the match is over and you are free to go to the plinking range. I really don't know - it will be my first time going.............

Speaking of MG's....I left you a voice mail - call me when you get a chance
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:59:19 AM EDT
[#12]
The wife and I went in the light rain/mist. It was OK, nothing special. I have some pics I will post in a little while (not a very good view of the guns from the free cheap seats). There were about 8 shooters shooting MAC's, Sten's, HK's, AR's and a Thompson. All were pistol caliber. Everyone was really nice except for one of the old fellows - just real pecker-head. Anyway it was a decent way to spend a rainy Sunday morning.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top