Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2006 6:35:22 AM EDT
Read today's story about it.  The owner of the company bought that "Commander Kane" guy a freaking Corsair WWII fighter plane for $2.4m, among other things
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:19:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Hell of a birthday present, huh?

Makes you wonder what is behind the scenes that we probably will never know about.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:45:55 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hell of a birthday present, huh?

Makes you wonder what is behind the scenes that we probably will never know about.

One HELL of a birthday present, especially considering Kane isn't even a licensed pilot.

I've had sort of a front row seat for the goings on at Security since I work right across the taxiway from them, and my office looks right out on their ramp.

Ever since they acquired the FS Air Service hangar in late June/Early July they have acquired an eclectic collection of aircraft including a G2, a G3, as many as 5 Citation 1 and 2s, 4 (well 3 now since their DO decided to land one gear up on 7R) Cessna 441s, and 3 Piper Navajos. Not to mention their black UH-1 (yes they REALLY DO have a black helicopter) a red UH-1, and 2 Sikorsky S-62s that spent the better part of the summer on their ramp.

And then the L-39s started showing up. One at first, and then like rabbits they seemed to multiply. I only ever saw approx Six of the Eight that they aparently acquired. I used to joke with my co-workers that they were building an air force to take over a third world nation, but apparently according to the news I wasn't too far from the truth.

One of my co-workers said that one day the Black UH-1 landed on their ramp and 6 guys, in black BDU's and tac-gear and carrying AR's hopped out and surrounded the aircraft, and then 3 guys in suits got out of the aircraft and went inside. Might have been Kane and Avery but who knows.

Either way this has provided myself and many others, the foundation for some great jokes around work. I suggest everybody following this story grab some popcorn and a beer or soda, and sit back and enjoy the show, because this just keeps on getting better and better.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:16:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
One of my co-workers said that one day the Black UH-1 landed on their ramp and 6 guys, in black BDU's and tac-gear and carrying AR's hopped out and surrounded the aircraft, and then 3 guys in suits got out of the aircraft and went inside. Might have been Kane and Avery but who knows.

They were probably protecting the "suits" for us guys down at Kulis...
~Dg84
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top