Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2006 9:43:01 AM EDT
Just wondering if anyone here in Utah has seen any old Remington Nylon 66's at gunshows recently?  I never go to gunshows so I don't know if they are around or not.  Had one as a kid and thinking about looking for one now as I recall it was a nice .22.  Thanks,
JR
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:58:04 PM EDT
[#1]
anyone?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:57:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:43:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I had to Google it myself.   The forend cap is unusual, yes?  I'm pretty sure I saw one at a local pawn shop about a month ago,I wouldn't have taken a second glance but a Grampa type asked to see it and was quite interested in it.  He was just kicking the tires though, so it could still be there.  Vista Pawn in Boise if you want to call 'em
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:54:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow LP, I am amazed you don't know what a Nylon 66 is!  I have my dad's, I will bring out next time.  They are a VERY fun little 22 to shoot.  :-)  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:14:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I've lived a sheltered life
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:28:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Hell, my shooting buddy when I was a kid in Twin Falls had a Nylon 66. My 10-22 would shoot rings around it. Matter of fact, the Ithaca lever action I had for awhile shot better than that Nylon 66. It was however, very light weight.

IIRC, for awhile Remington marketed a black one called the Blackhawk. The Nylon 66 was brown.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:57:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hell, my shooting buddy when I was a kid in Twin Falls had a Nylon 66. My 10-22 would shoot rings around it.

Come now Spiff, we both know that is just because he could hit the bullseye, and you were shooting all around it.

BTW, my Nylon 66 is black.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:35:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got a little nylon bolt .22 that I inherited.  Cute little thing.  I've never shot it.  Maybe I'll bring it out one of these days.

BTW, the Nylon 66 was a pretty accurate rifle in my experience.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:48:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, I was informed by Ryfter (via IM) that I was FOS over the Blackhawk name. And apparently I was (first time that's happened in years!!). Remington called the whole line of rifles "Nylon 66" and they had stocks in brown, black and for awhile green. Here's a page on it. I never knew they made a green one!!

ETA: Oh, and for you Nylon 66 fans, I never meant to insinuate that the Nylon 66 was an inaccurate rifle. Just that my friend Ken was a lousy shot!! Be that as it may though, we sure did "bust a cap" on many a bunny rabbit!!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:18:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Just wondering if anyone here in Utah has seen any old Remington Nylon 66's at gunshows recently?  I never go to gunshows so I don't know if they are around or not.  Had one as a kid and thinking about looking for one now as I recall it was a nice .22.  Thanks,
JR

You do see them from time to time at the gun shows, but they go for a premium. Around October of 2005 Van Wagnons( not sure of the spelling) in Orem area had one for around $200. I don't know if they still have it or not, I will look for one and if I find I will let you know.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:09:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes - neat little rifle. The Apache was the nicest looking in my mind. I gave a friend one and provided her with instruction on how to shoot in 1968 - great little piece and cheap to use.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:42:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
You do see them from time to time at the gun shows, but they go for a premium. Around October of 2005 Van Wagnons( not sure of the spelling) in Orem area had one for around $200. I don't know if they still have it or not, I will look for one and if I find I will let you know.

I called Van Wagnons and they didn't have one, your memory is better than his is, he couldn't remember when he had the last one.
Was it in nice condition for $200?, that's more than I was hoping they would cost.
Thanks for looking for me.
JR
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:45:57 PM EDT
[#13]
They all seem to be in pretty good shape when you find them. The $200 price tag seems to be pretty standard, some lower some more( there was one at Get Some for $99, but it sold a litlle while ago) . I am always in and out of local shops and I am always at the show, I will let you know if I can find a good one with a reasonable price tag.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:41:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Ya gotta cruise the local pawn shops..I have seen a number of them for around $125 in the past year.

HTH

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:23:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Which pawn shops have you seen them at?
All the places I've called don't have one and most don't seem to know what a Remington nylon  is.
JR
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:46:40 PM EDT
[#16]
In and around Layton and Ogden. I need to do a little shopping for a Ruger MKII pistol this weekend. I will let you know if I find one...

What color, finish and price range are you looking for?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:16:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:10:46 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I'm looking for
1- Black
2- Green
3- Brown
Nylons in that order and under $200. Cheaper is better. Ha!
Thanks!
JR
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:08:25 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
In and around Layton and Ogden. I need to do a little shopping for a Ruger MKII pistol this weekend. I will let you know if I find one...

I saw a Ruger MKII at J&N pawn on Redwood yesterday.  I think they wanted $125.  

Thx..I am on it!!
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top