Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2010 5:35:02 AM EDT
I guess its a really big deal, now. I was raised in Clinton, and have been exactly once, and that was back in the late 80's. It was basically like going to a rodeo then. From what I hear people come from all over the US.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 6:11:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Hard ridin cowboy is big on it iirc.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 6:44:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I went back in 2001 or so. My aunts big into it.

Three things come to mind:

1. Damn it was hot
2. Holy shiznit, gorgeous womenz every where you look wearing tight jeans and dirty cowboy boots.
3. The food was great.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:06:21 PM EDT
[#3]
i was supposed to go...it snuck up on me so now im not going.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 5:46:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

1. Damn it was hot

2. Holy shiznit, gorgeous womenz every where you look wearing tight jeans and dirty cowboy boots.

3. The food was great.

4.  Beer

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 6:57:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

1. Damn it was hot
3. The food was great.

4.  Beer

Considering that I dont drink, #4 was not a concern.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:05:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I did years ago. talk about fun.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:25:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

1. Damn it was hot

3. The food was great.

4.  Beer

It is when ya gotta put up with drunk-ass redneck sonzabitches.  I tend to avoid places and events with huge numbers of people drinking massive quantities of booze.

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:01:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I guess its a really big deal, now. I was raised in Clinton, and have been exactly once, and that was back in the late 80's. It was basically like going to a rodeo then. From what I hear people come from all over the US.

I lived in Clinton when they first started to get into it. I went a couple of times since my dad and brother were into the horse stuff. I have lots of family that still live in Clinton. I make it back every now and again but don't show up for the chuckwagon races.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:19:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hard ridin cowboy is big on it iirc.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Just got back from there. Me and the wife stayed all week.  Had a great time as always.

I believe they checked in 6500+ horses and mules this year.  This was my tenth year,  and plan on many more to come.  

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:33:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

1. Damn it was hot
3. The food was great.

4.  Beer

It is when ya gotta put up with drunk-ass redneck sonzabitches.  I tend to avoid places and events with huge numbers of people drinking massive quantities of booze.

There is really alot of good folks you meet there, but you do have a few that get outta hand here and there.   They ain't tolerated very well and are usually booted out VERY quickly.   Mostly younger guys who can't handle there liquor.   Out of about 25,000 people who attend , you might see one or two fights, mainly at a party.   We don't really attend the parties,  we just like to trail ride, hang out with camping friends,  throw horseshoes,   shoot the shit around camp,  and we have never had any trouble.   Now where I'm talking about is in the bottom area where the horses are,  I've never been up on the topside too much, except for the concerts.   Its mainly for folks who just want to drive up for the day to watch the races.     No horses allowed on the topside.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:09:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top