Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2003 6:11:56 PM EDT
It had been awhile since anyone has posted on this site.  So I imagine there will be some great stories come about fishing and hunting soon!  My big story is that my wife took second place in the Nuvuk Gun Club 4th of July pistol compitition.  I also picked up a Springfield M-21 rifle for a great price.  Now I will need to find some USGI magazines for it.

Let no let this site crash.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 10:04:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm still around, though there was so little traffic I haven't checked it daily like I used to.

I've just been working a lot, though I was laid off for a while... Nothing really new here
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 8:54:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Whoa, the NOVUK gun club?  Is this the gun club in Barrow?!?!?  If it is, I am in the process of joining.  Where is it or where are you located, arctic bear?

Edited to say:  Hey, way to go for your wife, I love to see women compete with guns, but this IS Alaska after all.  Also, I am envious of your M21.  Got any pictures?  If you post them, I'll post pictures of my Fulton Armory Peerless grade custom M1A1 (which I naturally haven't shot yet but got for competition).
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 8:56:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, then I will take it as a challenge to start posting, and I have already begun with "Bear Day".  I was surprised at the number of quick replies I got!  I didn't think anyone came here anymore.  Since there isn't much traffic, I feel a little like this is my own personal sounding board in a small way.  I'll be posting more often, could use some company though.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 11:01:31 AM EDT
[#4]
AK_MIKE
I will bet that you and I have met, as I saw the same bear that you did a couple days ago.  The gun club meets the first monday of every month, at the Barrow City Hall, at 7pm.

Maybe you can give we a walk through of DEW line sight sometime?

Stay Safe  
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 5:29:09 PM EDT
[#5]
WHAT??? THREE ARF MEMBERS IN BARROW ALASKA AT THE SAME TIME???

That's just flat out bizarre!  Yeah, that's probably the same bear.  They keep chasing it off, but it won't stay away.  Do you know Cube01?  He is also up here.  I still can't freakin believe it.  Yeah, come on over sometime and unlike the tour bus, I'll give you the .25 inside tour.  If that is soon, look out for the bear, it's still outside somewhere.  Check your email for contact info...

I still can't believe it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top