Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2004 8:41:34 AM EDT
I am looking to buy a coule of stripped lowers in NOVA to stash away as a just in case.  Do any of the local gun stores sell them for around $100.  I see the good deals in the Equipment Exchange but when you factor in shipping and the FFL fees, it adds up.

So, does anybody sell quality stripped lowers for a good price in NOVA?

THanks!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:37:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Nope.
Best thing to do is just order an Ameetec from Warren and have it transfered through Virginia Arms.

IIRC, Bernie charges $20, so it will cost you $112.70 total.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:30:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Hydguy,
I've been considering that.  Do you have one of the Ameetecs?  How do you like it in terms of fit and finish?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:57:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought one and was impressed with the fit and finish. All parts dropped right in.
I've ordered 2 more, and hopefully they will be here soon...
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:48:10 PM EDT
[#4]
If you don't mind driving to Winchester, Stonewall Arms has RRA stripped lowers for $120.  Last time I was in there he had 5.

FMO
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:10:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quantico Arms has the synthetic lowers with the built-in stock for 120 for one, and a discount for buying more than one. No Xfer fee either.

Or just get a Mega thru Bernie, no problem there either....
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:32:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought 3 Ameetecs a while back...they work fine, and I've had no trouble with either a RRA or Model 1 parts kit.  The finish isn't as nice as a DPMS, for example...but it's not bad.  It looks a little different than other finishes if you look at it real close...I can't describe it really, it just looks different...not bad, necessarily, just different.  You can't really tell at unless you get REAL close to it; I noticed it because I need my reading glasses to build the lowers lol.  

The MEGA lowers are reall nice too, so doing either of those with Virgina Arms as the transfer dealer would be the way to go.  If you need to, you're more than welcome to come by and check out my Ameetecs and the Mega.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:50:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Steve @ Hallmark Arms always seems to sell stripped lowers.  I've never purchased any from him but I met him at BRD and he seemed like a hellva nice guy.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:26:44 PM EDT
[#8]
+1
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:52:49 AM EDT
[#9]
If you are close to Vienna/Reston and not in a big hurry shoot me an E-mail.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:19:35 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If you are close to Vienna/Reston and not in a big hurry shoot me an E-mail.  

IM sent
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top