Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2004 8:37:56 AM EDT
I was driving to work this morning and I noticed a pretty stupid political sign on the side of the road.

It's a sign for Democrat Jim Torgeson, who's running for House of Rep. District 20.

It says:

JIM TORGESON
ACTION, NOT IDEOLOGY

WTF ???

Are we supposed to believe this is a good thing ? That he's just going to go do things with out any guiding principles? If he has no IDEALOLOGY to guide him, is he just gonna wing it??

Merriam Webster defines IDEOLOGY this way:

a : a systematic body of concepts especially about human life or culture b : a manner or the content of thinking characteristic of an individual, group, or culture c : the integrated assertions, theories and aims that constitute a sociopolitical program

Now the question is whether or not he has no guiding ideology, or whether he is JUST ashamed of it.  

This is why "FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS VOTE DEMOCRAT".

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:33:25 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I was driving to work this morning and I noticed a pretty stupid political sign on the side of the road.

It's a sign for Democrat Jim Torgeson, who's running for House of Rep. District 20.

It says:

JIM TORGESON
ACTION, NOT IDEOLOGY

WTF ???

Are we supposed to believe this is a good thing ? That he's just going to go do things with out any guiding principles? If he has no IDEALOLOGY to guide him, is he just gonna wing it??

Merriam Webster defines IDEOLOGY this way:

a : a systematic body of concepts especially about human life or culture b : a manner or the content of thinking characteristic of an individual, group, or culture c : the integrated assertions, theories and aims that constitute a sociopolitical program

Now the question is whether or not he has no guiding ideology, or whether he is JUST ashamed of it.  

This is why "FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS VOTE DEMOCRAT".

What I love is how they are plastered 20 in a row with 2 feet in between them.

It's actually hard to tell he's a democrat, since all there is is a tiny Donkey in a lower corner - you can't really see it from the car.  You can always tell Democrats around here.  All the Republicans have 'Republican', or 'Conservative', or the Elephant on their signs.  The Democrats usually have nothing on theirs - they want name recognition, and don't want you to figure out they are a democrat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top